Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• egginnc
    egginnc Posts: 19
    Options

@DoubleEgger & @thetrim - awesome sunsets!!- you got me beat!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

beef jerky time

Options
    Options

dammit. fan stuck. little lube fixed it

Options

Jazz knows jerk when he sees it.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    Options

Please tell us it warn't "Jazz lube"!

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

Nola supplies the Jazz lube to the petting zoo. Ease up.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options

Got the filter all hooked up finally. Only had one small weep on a threaded fitting, the rest was pex with cinch clamps. Easiest plumbing ever!

I am amazed, I can drink the water straight off the tap now. It used to taste like pennies and smell like eggs.

Now it comes off the well and hits a 20" sediment filter, the fancy iron filter, softener, the a 20" carbon block. Should be good now.

This was the sediment filter when I took it out this morning. It dried a bit before I took the pic.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options

You have crazy skills @DuckDogDr Although I do not hunt, I love the carvings. Have any pictures of your collection? I suppose by now you have quite a few in it. About how long does it take to get from blocks of wood to it being painted and considered “done” not including the drawing time?

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

The F is this shiz?

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited April 2019
    Options

Thanks @Sea2Ski . I'll have to get then all together. I actually don't have that big of a collection for myself. The biggest mistake I made starting out was I would bounce around from specie to specie and not carve a "rig of birds." So I have one here and one there.

And the multiples I did have wound up going as gifts. Then I went for about 4 years without seriously carving more than one or 2 a year.

This year though, as one of my New year's goals. I'm going to complete 18 mallards (8 heads done), 8 wood ducks (4 heads done) , a dozen teal (8 prepped and ready for paint). And haven't decided on my diver ducks....(which I started last night...)

A very simple gunning bird or even a coot (confidence decoy) usually about 7-8 hrs from first cut to last brush stroke. This year I'm really trying to push myslef and learn to carve the primary feathers in vs paint, and trying to get my head detail competition quality ...I'm averaging between 20-30 hrs a bird.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,871
    edited April 2019
    Options

Wall to wall football with the various titles hoving in to view for, well Man City really.

Fun-fact though : Liverpool can go unbeaten for the rest fo season and not win the PL, while winning the Champions League. A feat that all Reds fans will call a season ‘wasted’ as all they want is the PL. But, they have to beat Barca’ in the final to do that, so double runners-up it is then? 

Four days of PL starts tonight with 'battle of the former Liverpool managers'. Brendan’s lads welcome Rafa’s for a kick about tonight. Toon need the win more than the Foxes, but the home team are on a roll of three wins on the bounce. I think they’ll make it a fourth. 1-0, Vardy, 65th minute. 

Tomorrow, a long afternoon of six matches form lunch until tea time;

Spurs host hapless and sunk Huddersfield. There will be many changes in the Spurs ranks as Sir Harry of Kane & England is crock for period unknown. They are mid-way between the Man City CL two-legger. No-one is fooled by their one goal advantage in that tie and expect City to get 2 or 3 with ease in the return leg. That said Spurs absolutely have to win this, for all manner of reasons. And they will, but in a laboured fashion 2-0.

Brighton will sadly accrue the remaining points they need to stay up against Bournemouth. This is sad news and speaks of The Cherries horrid away form and mostly the fact that we gifted the dirty seagulls six points. (FFS!)

My FF team would prefer an away win, but it’ll be an eye gouging 1-0 to the Two-Pier Pretenders. And I think Houghton will be elsewhere next year.

Burnley Cardiff is more fun than it sounds. Barely contained lunatic Neil Warnock (he of the hilarious anagram) thinks he can get thee-points here and pile pressure on the hosts and Brighton. Seems a little unlikely as Dyche’s men really need the points too - and they have been a bit more energetic on that front recently. I think this is the end for ‘Colin’ as Burnley will edge a narrow victory. The season, to all intents and purposes, ends here - for everyone. Cardiff join Huddersfield and Fulham through the trap-door.

Southampton Wolves could be a good match. Wolves missed out on the FA Cup Final due to the sh*tehouses of Watford. Admittedly, trying to play while wearing Mexican wrestling masks made the challenge that much harder (they did, Google it), but anyway its all water under the edge now. I like it when Southampton lose so hopefully Wolves find the urge to press on for the final European berth and grab an away win here, 2-1.

Man Utd have stuttered recently and slumped back to 6th in the league. The Ole Honeymoon is over and the cracks of the team are emerging. West Ham are just weird - mainly hamstrung by their best player; Arnoutovic - who is also their worst, sometimes in the same game. Could go either way, but 2-1 home win feels about right.

In the EFL Stoke broke free of those 0-0 draw shackles to lose 3-1 mid-week and have two players set off. Well done them, go big or go home. This time they host Rotherham who are clinging to survival and need the points. A return to normality 0-0 again, just for old times sake. 

Sunday;

Palace will lose to Man City, because they are at home, can't go down and are very much the second best team on the pitch. 3-1 to City with a late penalty for Palace to save face, having been three down since the 12th minute. 

Liverpool welcome Chelsea and in the spirit of the Spice Girls ‘..really, really, really want to …’ win. Both played in Europe this week and will again soon.  The blues have stabilised and you know what, I think they might edge this. Hazard has stormer and it ends 2-1 to the Londoners. Cue combustion on Merseyside, cries of ‘not fair’ and many tears.

Monday finally arrives to draw a veil over things. Arsenal going to Watford will end only one way, with the brutes robbing the Gunners of all three points and kicking them in the shins at the same time. 1-0 the Hornets. 

Thats it folks. @Eoin and I will spend the weekend feeling excluded from Butt Blast while you all have much fun. I have said previously, if its warm beer and general apathy you’re after, England’s the place to host next year.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,485
    Options

I am fighting the urge to just declare victory for this PM, fire up some oldies music and commence the rocket fuel load for LEO later. Do have a few things to knock out but I see the prior plan rolling in about and hour or two (tops).

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options

I'm just now finding out that today is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day. Of course, there's no bread in the house.

It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,485
    Options

Sorry 'bout that. I only keep track of National Brisket Day May 28; National Bourbon Day (which has captured a few others) June 14th and National Chicken Wing Day July 29th. With those I'm quite good. Gotta segregate the national days...

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options

Today's PSA is brought to you from the streets. First, if you ask to pet someone else's dog at a park and the owner says it's friendly, just remember that that friendly dog still has the ability to bite your face and make you look like The Joker.

Also, be careful who you drink with at a house party. They may wind up stabbing two people in the neck.

Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,633
    Options

@Battleborn Agree and Like don’t seem to be adequate choices. Keep the PSA’s coming. Funny, in a strange way.

• Botch
    edited April 2019
    Options

@Battleborn said:

Today's PSA is brought to you from the streets. First, if you ask to pet someone else's dog at a park and the owner says it's friendly, just remember that that friendly dog still has the ability to bite your face and make you look like The Joker.

"I thought you said your dog doesn't bite!!?!"

"That's not my dog" [/french accent] 😆

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options

I would eat about 12 of those tacos.

Las Vegas, NV

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options

One thing that's great is my MIL salsa. So simple but she still makes the best. Tomato, Serrano, salt. But - the right tomato, the right Serrano, and the right amount of salt... Every time I compare mine to hers it shows the difference. It's two weeks old and has kick.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,693
    Options
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Options

I saw KISS on their first tour with the makeup back on. I'm not much of a metalhead but what a show, people were still screaming as we were filing out, only to see a blood-red lunar eclipse in the sky. Surreal!

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options

Turbo ribs for tonight

LBGE
    AL