Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss Customer Service

Options
trout1
trout1 Posts: 104
I just wanted to give a shout out to Dave at Flame Boss.  I just received my FB 500 this week.  I couldn’t get it to connect to my wifi.  I finally gave up and called customer service at Flame Boss.  I spoke with Dave and he walked me through the steps and it was up and working in no time.  My experience with FB customer service was fantastic.  I don’t know what I did or didn’t do, but it’s working now.  I am looking forward to using it.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Dave deserves some tacos!
    Options
    I've dealt with them twice in the last 8 months because my temp probes keep going bad.  They have been very helpful!  
    Franklin, TN
  • Ag83
    Ag83 Posts: 34
    Options
    FB has the best customer service of any company I've ever dealt with.
  • Kevinboatright
    Kevinboatright Posts: 278
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Could not agree more with everyone. I had an issue with my controller and they fixed it remotely within hours and I was back to cooking. Great company and people. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I agree. I have dealt with them since I asked them if they were going to come out with a multi probe unit, and I ended up beta testing the FB 300. Othere than the fact that it still said FB 200, it was perfect. I since received my production unit, and last December I pre-ordered my FB 500. Took only minutes to set up, register, and get cooking.  Now I am just waiting until they come out with a few more colors for the probes. I am hoping for white and blue, since it came with a red one.

Thanks to the Flame Boos Gang!
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Flame BOSS Gang. I should proofread.

XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • CharlotteBuckeye
    Options

Glad you had (are having) a good experience with FB. My experience has been quite the opposite. On my 7th cook using my Flame Boss 200, the fan stopped working -- just wouldn't spin. The control unit was showing the fan speed as if it were spinning, but it was not. I even unplugged the fan, but the unit still indicated the fan was at, e.g., 94%. It was 11pm as I was preparing for an overnight cook, and it was exasperating that I couldn't count on the fan. So I canceled the cook because I didn't want to be up all night and wasn't comfortable that my BGE would maintain a constant temp.

I submitted a support ticket that night (a Friday), but unlike others here, I did not receive a near-instantaneous response. Rather, the response I got came Monday afternoon. And the response was less than helpful. Basically, it suggested that if the unit was under warranty, I could make a warranty claim. Otherwise, visit the FB shop online to buy a replacement. If the issue is the fan, I might replace that. If the issue is the control unit, I think I'll invest my money elsewhere. But I don't know which is the problem because the support response didn't actually address my problem (though it was detailed in the support ticket).

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

That's a bummer. Try calling them. They have resolved issues quickly for me in the past, without any runaround.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

When was this? The FB crew was out at NBBQA all last week and just back yesterday, so there might have been a issue in the lag or shortness of the message.

Give them a call.

How old is the unit?

• CharlotteBuckeye
    Options

It happened the night of March 29th. I've had the unit for ~16 months -- got it for Christmas 2017.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

Spend a few bucks and mail it back to Flame Boss for evaluation. You can't use it right now anyway. I'm willing to bet they will take care of you.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 272
    Options

My FB 200 is 3+ years old. Since Jan I have had 2 runaway fires on my Primo XL. No such issues on either of my LBGE's.

I contacted FB and asked if they had any ideas about my FB 200 and the Primo. They verified cook numbers with me and said they would take a look at the cooks. About 4 days after I reached out I got a call from FB verifying my address and they sent me out a new fan for free. I told them I am way out warranty and would pay for the fan and shipping, they did not want to hear it. Two days later had the the new fan and multiple cooks since the fans arrival all is well.

Flameboss' support is far superior to most businesses I have come in contact with.

• dmbonnichsen
    Options
    Had an issue where my firmware download for my FB500 was getting stuck at 99%. I sent an email into support on a Sunday and lo and behold got a phone call back. My CSR asked me to hold on a sec while he rewrote some code...yes, he rewrote some code while I was on the phone with him. Ten seconds later my firmware finished downloading. With that level of service FB now has a customer for life.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Had an issue where my firmware download for my FB500 was getting stuck at 99%. I sent an email into support on a Sunday and lo and behold got a phone call back. My CSR asked me to hold on a sec while he rewrote some code...yes, he rewrote some code while I was on the phone with him. Ten seconds later my firmware finished downloading. With that level of service FB now has a customer for life.
    Amazing CS!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas