Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The DoJoe

Options
2»

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited February 2019
    Options
    ryantt said:
    @TEXASBGE2018 let’s get the FirJoe trademarked   
    Get the DilJoe trademarked while you're at it......no telling how far the brand could go.  :) 

Wouldn't surprise me in a couple years if they have that. 5 years from now they will come with an attached RTIC Cooler, Surround Sound System, and built in recliner. Phase 2 will probably include a toilet in said recliner. You know, since they are so Innovative and all.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Do you hate all those Kitchen Aid mixer attachments?

If you are asking me then actually ya I do.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,347
    Options
    Of course he does..he's just so edgy that way.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Of course he does..he's just so edgy that way.
    Super edgy.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    The DoJoe has nothing on Rex Kwan Do
    “You think anyone wants a round house kick to the face when I’m wearing these bad boys?”
    My favorite. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Bow to your sensei!!!!!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited February 2019
    Options
    “Break the wrist and walk away”
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Botch said:
    ...and it all has to squirt past that pizza stone, I'm pretty sure there will be additional airflow out the "front door" if given a chance.   ;)
    ...hmmmm...wonder how they avoid that happening in a chiminea....
    ???  They don't; part of the charm of a chiminea is the heat it gives off, like a fireplace.
    Your turn!   =)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    I heard KJ ripped off KAB too?
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Wouldn't say I hate them but I bought dedicated pasta maker, meat grinder and sausage stuffer, just saying.
    canuckland
  • HeavyG
    Options
    The concept/use of charcoal baskets predates KJ and KAB. UDS's for instance have been using baskets for their fuel for decades.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    I wouldn’t say they ripped them off, as the design is meant to lock into the divide and conquer system.  Also @tjv made an ash basket long before the KAB 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• FanOfFanboys
    Options
    “Break the wrist and walk away”
    I still use that line regularly 
    Boom
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @HeavyG @ryantt I think there's more to it than just the design, nuff said.
    canuckland
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    ...or the Double DilJoe(tm)
    +1 LMAO  =)
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • burm
    burm Posts: 1
    Options
    I know the DoJoe will not work with new hinge, has anyone tried with the old hinge? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American consumer. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    burm said:
    I know the DoJoe will not work with new hinge, has anyone tried with the old hinge? 
    Have you tried it?

I have about a dozen coming next week.  I was going to try it out and report back on the Large and XL.
  • rtgurley
    rtgurley Posts: 44
    Options
    Why not the FriJoe-le, perfect for making beans.
    XL BGE 
    Saints fan stuck in Dallas
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    The DoJoe has nothing on Rex Kwan Do
    I got a pair in knee length bermuda style.....very comfy!

DoJoe does not fit large egg, old or new band style. my hunch is same with xl when big joe DoJoe is out.

tryantt said:
    I wouldn’t say they ripped them off, as the design is meant to lock into the divide and conquer system.  Also @tjv made an ash basket long before the KAB 
    thanks for remembering, still have it at the store......
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • stlcharcoal
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ryantt said:
    I wouldn’t say they ripped them off, as the design is meant to lock into the divide and conquer system. 
    Yes, and guess who designed that, but didn't get chosen to produce it.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    burm said:
    Confirmed!!

The DoJoe does NOT work on a Large BGE with the new style hinge.  The JoeTisserie works though.  I don't have an old band Large here anymore, but I'll try to find one.  My guess is yes, but we'll see.

So, probably the same as the XL......Joetisserie works with the XL, but not the DoJoe. 

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    For me, I’m glad it doesn’t work.  I know I would buy it, and it would sit in the shed after two uses like the joetisserie does.  Can’t get up the nerve to get rid of it tho. I’m of the opinion these innovations offer me very little return on investment. 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    For me, I’m glad it doesn’t work.  I know I would buy it, and it would sit in the shed after two uses like the joetisserie does.  Can’t get up the nerve to get rid of it tho. I’m of the opinion these innovations offer me very little return on investment. 
    And lots of other folks are of the opinion that these gizmos are great and they use them often. I get what you mean tho, I've had buyer's remorse more than once myself.

• BGNMI
    BGNMI Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi. stlcharcoal said:
    burm said:
    Confirmed!!

The DoJoe does NOT work on a Large BGE with the new style hinge.  The JoeTisserie works though.  I don't have an old band Large here anymore, but I'll try to find one.  My guess is yes, but we'll see.

So, probably the same as the XL......Joetisserie works with the XL, but not the DoJoe. 

Hi-Did anyone confirm if it works with the xl bge with OLD hinge?
    thxs
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    BGNMI said:
    Hi. stlcharcoal said:
    burm said:
    Confirmed!!

thxs
    IMO I would not install on the old hinge because you will probably need to replace the hinge sometime and you can only get the new style. The new hinge is a big improvement. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• BGNMI
    BGNMI Posts: 20
    Options
    BGNMI said:
    Hi. stlcharcoal said:
    burm said:
    Confirmed!!

thxs
    Thanks. Is the new XL Hinge that much different than the old. It looks pretty similar