Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hate to do this,XL for sale

Options
We have sold our home and have purchased a class A motor home to live in full time. Do not have room for the beloved egg. Have many options for it and would prefer to sell as a package: Woo 2 with stone, adjustable rig, Joetisserre with a basket, BBQ Guru with blower and sensors, Smokeware SS cap, brand new never used main grill, factory stand with casters, magnetic bracket to hold Guru, ash tool, deck box to hold it all. $2700. invested, would like to get $1900. Located NE Pa

Comments

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Get a trailer and strap that XL to one side. 
    Wish I had $2k and no egg, I'd be happy to meet you in Ohio. (halfway)

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Enjoy the journey!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Don't forgot to post the XL on Craigslist 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    What are you going to cook on then?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    That PK would be the way to go. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    That PK would be the way to go. 
    After seeing @Lit pk post I YouTube searched and apparently they’ve been around a long time and have quite a following 

pretty prestigious steak grill off comp in Texas all top 10 on a PK

https://youtu.be/kQPc2s-CQmk
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Fredb
    Fredb Posts: 89
    Options
    I just thought that this was the best place to post this.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Fredb said:
    I sold almost that exact same setup (no joetissere) for a large for $800 if that gives you any idea of what you may get. That probably would be in the $1000-$1200 range for an XL. Don't see a used Joetissere being worth $900 so you may be a little high on that ask. Also, I know the guy who bought it so I can help take care of him if something...uh, "devastating" were to happen to it down the road.

You may have better luck on a local sale site with someone looking for a deal but does not understand the warranty will not come with. $700 off new is a great deal if you don't take the warranty into consideration. Everyone on here will which will keep your price down a little.  You may find a home for it with the right forum member but I would list it on multiple sites and see how you do. $1900 would be a great price for you if you get it. Hope you do.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Fredb said:
    Everyone here probably already has an Egg and probably are not located close to you. And we're all bottom feeders when it comes to price. Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist are ways to reach people near you who are not egg owners. Good luck with the sale and especially with the new mobile lifestyle  
    New Orleans LA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Sell it to the buyers of the house??  We've added gun safes, furniture, big TVs, and other stuff that's too big too move (or custom to the house) to deals before.  You just write separate contract for personal property contingent on the property closing.  Agents aren't supposed to be brokering that stuff, nor can a lender usually include personal property in the sales contract, but there's nothing stopping you from making a contract amendment to raise the house price by $1000 in exchange for "giving" them that egg......provided there are no appraisal issues.  Or give it to the buyers in lieu of repairs during the resolution period if they have a laundry list of little repairs.