Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavorâ„¢ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vegetarian recipes🤪

Options
GrannyX4
GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
I though some might enjoy a great vegetarian web site.  Lent is coming up, some are on diets and some have needed recipes for the vegetarian who is a guest at a dinner party.  Cookieandkate.com is my new find and I just love her recipes.  Animals are still on the menu
at our house but Kate’s recipes have turned vegetables up a notch.  Hope you enjoy.  Have a good day.....😊
Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !

Comments

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Thanks for the share!  I've bookmarked it!

My adult kiddos have  moved towards the 'Dark Side' of the grill and I'm constantly looking for veg-based dishes to make to supplement all of the other family requests for ribs, pulled pork, brisket, etc. 

Have you tried any of these recipes on the BGE yet?  Anything in particular you like from the BGE?
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    made shakshuka for the first time last weekend, darn good stuff and i see its on the home page
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 356
    Options
    There are some good recipes on the forum for vegan and vegetarian. 
    My son and his ex are vegan, and I had to find a few for the rare occasion that they came over for dinner.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Finally something more disappointing than the 1/2" steak thread...

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    @vb4677 no I didn't cook anything on the egg I just used her recipes as healthy and flavorful side dishes.  I made coleslaw with peanut sauce with our pulled pork, vegetable fried rice with grilled chicken and last night I made a pasta salad with jalapeño, cilantro pesto sauce and grilled hamburgers.  Yum¡  

@thetrim  sorry my post was more disappointing than the 1/2 inch steak thread...I apologize 😊
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @GrannyX4

Hey Granny.   I was referring to the 3D printed steak (link under my comment) as being more disappointing that the 1/2 inch steak.  Not your post.   Sorry for the hijack and the confusion. 

Btw, I do love grilled vegetables!  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95