Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Egg Catastrophe

Options
13»

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Does Jana work?
    Bwahahahaha!
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options

I too switched to a steel. A buddy of mine cut this piece of 1/4” from some steel at work, and sand blasted it. I seasoned with veg oil at 550.  

We have been very happy with it, leopard spots, crispy, consistent. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Ouchy bro.  Glue it together and use it as a planter or to store accessories for your next egg in.  Don't put fire in it.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    No restoring humpty. Check into a pizza oven or an old oven like @CarolinQ

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    Gym said:
    Where are you located? 
    Eww, a bit far...I have an XL lid I could donate to a good cause. I know there's still more pieces to get you back on track, but I thought it might be a start. Unfortunately your 24+ hours away.
  • Mike & Jana
    Options
    Gym said:
    Gym said:
    Where are you located? 
    Eww, a bit far...I have an XL lid I could donate to a good cause. 

Thanks Gym, I appreciate the sentiment,  I'm actually driving from Virginia to Florida this week???? 
  • Mike & Jana
    Options
    I really appreciate all the kind words and advice.  I really can't believe how much traction this got.  I'm humbled.

I'm gonna glue it back together regardless.  Maybe it never gets cookin, but I can't just toss the pieces in the trash.  I will keep everyone updated, and as Gym suggested, I'll start looking for some pieces.

As for the Pizza Suggestions, I'll try to use stones and fire brick in the gas grill.  But if you haven't fired a pizza in a 1,000+ degree egg, you are definitely missing out.  To get any better you'll need a team of stonemasons and an address in NYC or on the Mediterranean Sea.

Tanks again
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    I'm in the great White north, an hour north of Toronto. Still pretty far away, but suit yourself. You might be able to reuse internal parts but would still need to find a base. 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options

@alaskanassasin best part of those pictures (besides the pie), is the seal on your oven..

#Oh_SO_Shiny
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• TexasisBestest
    Options
    Best option is to bury it.   I know I know, but if you try it and dig a whole for the air (use a duct of some type or better an egg genius), you'll get insulation, fireproofing, relative safety, functionality. I know it's ridiculous but I've seen a buried egg and It actually worked . 
    Dallas Texas.
    2 x XLBGE 1 x LBGE.
    Tech:  EggGenius and Thermoworks Smoke w Gateway
    Lump: Rockwood/Fogo
    Wood: Cherry, Apple, PostOak, Pecan
    Meat: Costco, Deep Cuts
    Rubs: Meat Church, HardcoreCarnivore, John Henry's
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Just because.... 

I came for the sugar gliders and I was not disappointed.  Thank you.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Mike & Jana
    Options
    I'm gathering parts.   
    Have a line on a Base and a fire ring.
    Any one see's or has a dome for a great deal, please let us know.
  • Mike & Jana
    Options
    Gym said:
    Gym said:
    Where are you located? 
    Eww, a bit far...I have an XL lid I could donate to a good cause. I know there's still more pieces to get you back on track, but I thought it might be a start. Unfortunately your 24+ hours away.
    We have a lead on a base & fire ring.  Could this lid be shipped for a reasonable cost?
    Thanks
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options

Now that's customer service!

Glad it worked out for you

Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

Alls well that ends well

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

BRUCE 2020!

New Albany, Ohio 

• Mike & Jana
    Options

And I'm building a table. No more nest.

BTW- free to good home, a very rusty and nefarious nest.

• MNEggerandStuff
    MNEggerandStuff Posts: 239
    edited April 2019
    Options

just don;t.  You're talking about the risk of severe injury and\or burning your house down for $1000.

I like my life more than that

just saw the new parts. so good to hear and see.  good luck