Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: wife got me a subscription to BBQ Box: OT

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
so my wife decided it would be fun to get me a monthly subscription to the bbq box.  I guess they send you a rub, a recipe card, a sauce and some wood each month.  Any one on here have it, or know anything about it?   

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Never heard of it till now.  Checked out the website and looks pretty cool.

Be sure to share pics when you get it.  I am intrigued. 
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ryantt
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac I’ll be happy to post some pic and talk about the box. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @ryantt - learn something new dang near every day here.  Looks like a good way to get out of a rut in the Q world.  Definitely a creative gift. 
    Since I'm here, how's your recovery coming along??  Hopefully you are making solid progress.  No doubt Norah Grace is taking great care of you (as is the wife).  Anyhow, best of luck with all this and do give us a monthly run-down of the goodies you get to play with. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Bbq box is the second best box my wife could give me. 
  • ryantt
    Options
    @lousubcap I’ve been in a rehab facility for about 10days or so.  Have made good progress and will be able to go home with a walker and some assistance.  I am proud to report today I was able to walk almost 200feet.  So I’d say I’m coming along very nicely.  

Once home i will have home PT 4 days per week for about 90min per session.  This will be a welcome relief to my 7 day a week 3hrs per day I’m currently doing.   

Great progress has been made and my girls are taking good care of me along with the staff here at the facility.  I laugh because I’m the youngest patient her by 40 or so years.  I can honestly say I’ve had wonderful care and have complimented the staff to my mentor who is the CEO of the health foundation.  

Thanks for checking in on me

Ryan

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @ryantt I know you had back surgery. What kind and did you have a fall or lift something heavy to have the back issues? Just curious hope all
    is well. 
  • ryantt
    Options
    @g8golfer I originally herniated a L5-S1 at a BJJ tournament.  After that it happened again and I was fused in October of 18 I slipped getting out of my car and wrecked my hardware and ruptured a L4-L5 so the did what they could to repair.  Shortly after surgery I came home and managed to blow L5-S1 and L4-L5. Had a very invasive surgery on Feb 1st and have been in the hospital and or rehab.  Hope is to go home on Feb 20th.  I was in the hospital starting Jan 28th because of falling down the steps head over heals.  

So thats the story 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ryantt said:
    @g8golfer I originally herniated a L5-S1 at a BJJ tournament.  After that it happened again and I was fused in October of 18 I slipped getting out of my car and wrecked my hardware and ruptured a L4-L5 so the did what they could to repair.  Shortly after surgery I came home and managed to blow L5-S1 and L4-L5. Had a very invasive surgery on Feb 1st and have been in the hospital and or rehab.  Hope is to go home on Feb 20th.  I was in the hospital starting Jan 28th because of falling down the steps head over heals.  

So thats the story 
    Holy sh!t man.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Bbq box is the second best box my wife could give me. 
    And by a wide margin...
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ryantt said:

So thats the story 
    Dude- unreal. Keep up the goood fight man. I hate to hear this but glad you are keeping strong and your spirits up. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    @ryantt - thanks for the update.  I know you have a way to go, but it sounds like the hardest part is behind you. 

I’m betting Norah Grace will have a lot of fun with ‘your’ new BBQ present  :):)

Looking forward to posts of the BBQ box contents. 

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    ryantt said:

So thats the story 
    BJJ eh?  I had my leg broken and my hand broken ten years apart in Kenpo class. No broken vertebrae though even though there were some rough falls. Nothing like winning a match with a finger lock. 
  • ryantt
    Options
    ryantt said:

So thats the story 
    BJJ eh?  I had my leg broken and my hand broken ten years apart in Kenpo class. No broken vertebrae though even though there were some rough falls. Nothing like winning a match with a finger lock. 
    Yes in my younger days I Thai boxing and BJJ.  I had the good fortune of training with Brian Rogers, Stipe Miocic, Jason Dent and even once got to spar with Eric Esch.  He dang near killed me on Christmas Eve.   He and I were just messing around as he trained for a fight over in Japan, and apparently he didn’t like taking leg kicks.  Had a great time when I was younger, it was the next natural progression considering I started wrestling at age 4 in the clinics.

I’m sure a lot of my life choices have led to some of my issues but I have zero regrets. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    As I told the instructor when my leg got broken “You play Big Boy games and sometimes you pay Big Boy prices”.