Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Picking this up tomorrow.

Debating turning it into an old school wrecker.

Sounds like a cool project.

Someday I'd like to buy an old truck like that.  I wouldn't change a single thing on the outside, no paint - nothing.  Then I'd drop in a big block, update  suspension, and make the interior nice.

Phoenix 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    blasting said:

Sounds like a cool project.

Someday I'd like to buy an old truck like that.  I wouldn't change a single thing on the outside, no paint - nothing.  Then I'd drop in a big block, update  suspension, and make the interior nice.

And turn one of the boxes into a smoker.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options

Looks to be in great condition for a MN vehicle of that age
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Looks to be in great condition for a MN vehicle of that age
    They don’t build them like they used to
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• sheetmetalpete
    Options
    ^^ True story.  As much as I'd like it to, my '18  won't hold up this well after 43 years.
    Glencoe, Minnesota
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Used 25% Ace coupon and got Rockwood for $19.49
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options

have a 69 and 72 chevy that i still use at work.  had a 72 dodge and really miss that truck, it just ran and was easier to work on
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,619
    Options
    Getting bids on replacing my fence.  Prices seem high, if I can’t negotiate a decent deal I may just declare an emergency.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Legume said:
    Getting bids on replacing my fence.  Prices seem high, if I can’t negotiate a decent deal I may just declare an emergency.
    After paying for our fence, I have decided that I am in the wrong line of business.  5K and that didn't cover the fence I share with neighbor.  Not fixing that until they move and take their 6 dogs with them. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    winter sales

from duluth

Mens Alaskan Hardgear Boreal Cordura Down Vest BL

and from tractor supply, carhartt quick duck insulated

Image result for carhartt quick duck jacket

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Ordered this vac yesterday (along with a few other things).
    Plan to use it to vac out the new truck (2019 Silverado LTZ Z71) and maybe use it with the BGE. Or I'll just get an attachment for my Shop Vac to use with the BGE.
    I picked the vac since it's both corded and cordless, smaller than my roll-around shop vac, and should do what I want well enough. I have both battery types that will work with it, so I'm set there.
    Also getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019LIO7V4 ;)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    1911Man said:
    Plan to use it to vac out the new truck (2019 Silverado LTZ Z71) and maybe use it with the BGE. Or I'll just get an attachment for my Shop Vac to use with the BGE.
    I picked the vac since it's both corded and cordless, smaller than my roll-around shop vac, and should do what I want well enough. I have both battery types that will work with it, so I'm set there.
    Also getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019LIO7V4 ;)
    I need one of these.  I'm a bit tired of dragging my large shop vac around for minor vacuuming chores.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Just ordered this Yoshihiro VG-10 hammered Damascus Nakiri.

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    1911Man said:
    I need one of these.  I'm a bit tired of dragging my large shop vac around for minor vacuuming chores.
    I was watching it at about #130. Then it dropped to under $100 so I pulled the trigger on it. Best of both worlds since it's both corded and cordless.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I bought this last night for my wife. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    A weaker man would yield to a replacement broom head. But I reckon another Summer left in this one......

Please explain why your broom is so badly lopsided.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    A weaker man would yield to a replacement broom head. But I reckon another Summer left in this one......

Please explain why your broom is so badly lopsided.
    He’s left handed. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Your floors must have quite a slope to them. 

Maybe if you sweep this year from the other direction it'll even out
    Phoenix 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    KennyCJR said:
    Forgot to post a pic of the new truck.  Rear wheel well liners and WeatherTech floor liners will be here on Monday.   

Weather tech is a great company. Nice truck!
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    KennyCJR said:
    Forgot to post a pic of the new truck.  Rear wheel well liners and WeatherTech floor liners will be here on Monday.   

Thanks.  The company I work for has a program that allows us to get them at a discount.  ~$150 shipped for the front set and the back seat liner that covers the whole floor.  
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    KennyCJR said:
    KennyCJR said:

Thanks.  The company I work for has a program that allows us to get them at a discount.  ~$150 shipped for the front set and the back seat liner that covers the whole floor.  
    Nice! Their stuff is not cheap but it’s a great product by a great company. Like many have mentioned here, quality only hurts once. Enjoy!
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    A new cobalt blue kitchenaid mixer

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Komokaegger
    Options
    KO Work Sharp, will be spending the afternoon in the shop with my knives 
    Hopefully no more cursing dull tools!

Ontario, Canada
    XL- BGE
    CGS- AR, spider, PS WOO, 
    KAB
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,353
    Options
    @CPFC1905 - Great bit of prose right there.  Best of luck with the follow-on endeavors regarding broom heads and repurposing. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    ...and +10 bonus points for mentioning Kaizen CPI techniques in a grill forum. :glasses:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.