Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A couple of cooks i didnt post and a life update.

johnnyp
johnnyp Posts: 3,932
Brisket, ribs and wings from the superbowl.  Ribs were seasoned with the new spicy Dizzy Dust. Slammin, btw.

Tacos from a couple of nights ago. 

Hibachi from tonight featuring some manager special NY strips and left over Huli Huli chicken that I don’t have pics of. 

It’s been nice being able to unwind and cook lately. Life has been a little weird. My 6 month old recently decided to stop eating. We’ve been through a lot of doctors appts and many tests and procedures trying to find a cause. Thus far, no luck.  To meet his nutritional needs, he has a NG tube.  He is a happy, healthy, smart, cute little boy.  Who just won’t eat. It’s weird. Anyways here’s a recent picture, from Thursday before his endoscopy. Side note: I married a winner. She’s been a champ through the whole process. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA

Comments

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    What a cute picture of the 3 of you. I hope they can figure out what’s going on for you guys.  There is absolutely nothing more stressful and scary when your child is sick.  My friend I will pray for the 3 of you, as i can only imagine the stres you are under. If there is anything Marci or I can do for you just say the word, and we will do our best to help
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Wishing you all the best Johnny!  Keep the faith.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Best of luck finding a resolution- 
    Greensboro, NC
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited February 2019
    Stay strong, I’m sure y’all will figure it out.

I’m not trying to equate this with you issue as yours is way more serious for sure.  Several years ago, our food-driven dog just stopped eating.  We spent a small fortune on vet bills to figure it out - the vets couldn’t find anything.  She went from 35 pounds to 23 pounds in a few months... then one day she just up and started eating again.  She’s now a very healthy 30 pounds with an overactive appetite.  

Best of luck. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Beautiful family brother... yaw hang in there as it will work itself out....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Thinking of you and your family. All the best. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Food looks great.
    Scary stuff, hope they figure out what's up soon.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Stay strong and positive throughout.  Always remember, you are your son's best advocate. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    You three stay strong. Pulling hard for you guys.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Thoughts and prayers with you. He is absolutely adorable. Please keep us posted. 
    IL 
  • Let us know what we can do. Precious picture!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Praying for yall. Hang in there. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Thoughts and prayers to a Beautiful family.   

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Wishing you guys nothing but the best...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,024
    Food looks great!

The photo of your family is awesome!  Sick kids and not knowing is awful.  Good luck my friend.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Praying for your precious little child.  Hopefully this too shall pass, and all shall be well!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,334
    What a cutie! Hoping for answers for ya'll! Hang in there 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Food looks great. Hoping the rest gets sorted out for you quickly and successfully.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Best of luck on finding a resolution for the little one, I’m sure it’ll work itself out. Looks like you did the super bowl right as well!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Great pic of the Fam!  All the Best to Y'all🙏👊👊👊
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Great food - great pics.  

Just make sure there are no shirtless pictures of @Killit_and_Grillit around.  That would make anyone lose their appetite.   

Seriously though... Keep pressing to figure out what’s going on w that sweet boy.   If one Dr doesn’t give you the answer then keep pressing until you find the right one.  You have a great lady and a great family. Just keep at it and even look beyond your local community to get answers to help him.  

I‘ll add y’all to the prayer list.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Great looking food.  Hopefully you'll get a resolution for your son soon.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Cooking is cheaper than therapy :)

Hang in there. This, too, shall pass. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Looks like she hit the jackpot with you too, brother. 

Best wishes thru this. 

And though I’m not a doctor, I’d suggest testing sensenof smell as well. It can have a huge impact on how we feel about what we taste. 

Let us know if there’s  anything we can do. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• All the best to you and your family...Great cooks !!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Tarpon65
    Tarpon65 Posts: 205
    Food looks great!  Positive thoughts sent your boy's way.  Hopefully the problem can be figured out and corrected quickly. He's as cute as can be.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    You guys look great Johnny, this will get figured out. Take care.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Awesome pictures and family. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Be strong.  
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    You are a very fortunate man to have such a beautiful family.
    Once he starts eating again, and begins tasting the food you cook, it is doubtful he will ever stop.
    Hang in there my friend, and yes, you absolutely married a winner, a wonderful wife and a loving, caring mother.
    Our best to you and your family.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky