Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Orange Roughy/Flounder

Options
Aubie1
Aubie1 Posts: 436
edited February 2019 in Seafood
Somewhere in the bowels of this forum there is a thread on grilling orange roughy with a pic of this being accomplished on a bed of sliced lemons and the fillet was topped with a few sprigs of fresh dill. For some reason, I can't find the original post or I would provide the link (must be an ID I0 T operator problem). I first discovered the post a couple of years ago and thought this was a must try. Fast forward a couple of years later and I finally found the time to give it a try (being retired is really a time consuming ordeal). I have used this method a couple of times in the past few months with orange roughy and last night with flounder fillets with excellent results. In all cases I used direct heat. A couple of things that I did that the original poster may or may not have done was to drizzle dill infused butter and lemon juice over the fillets prior to placing on the grill. I would recommend this method for any delicate fish that will not withstand any movement on the grill.

XL BGE and L BGE

Comments