Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

superbowl plans

Options
first going to make those atlanta fake patriot hotdogs with the right rolls, its butter fried split tops or we dont eat them, what are they thinking.  shrimp tacos and stuffed clams with chourico (sho-reese)

goats>rams
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I am making pimento cheese and sausage, not sure what else 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I'm with @nolaegghead.  However, I will be cooking something made with beef, perhaps accompanied by something deep fried and watching the Puppy Bowl.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    This superbowl doesn't count.  I'll be doing something else.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    I've been instructed that I am to make a hot crab dip. What else.... Who knows? 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• boswhale
    Options
    This superbowl doesn't count.  I'll be doing something else. I agree with NOLA
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I would like to know more about that hot crab dip?
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    We ALL know a Chiefs-Saint's SB would've been killer despite the refs. So in the Snub Bowl, I'll be smoking some wings and maybe something else once the SWMBO decides what I need to do...

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Nothing fancy. Just the Old Bay recipe. It's always a hit. I'll do it in a cast iron skillet on the egg

https://www.mccormick.com/recipes/appetizer/old-bay-hot-crab-dip
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    bubbajack said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Nothing fancy. Just the Old Bay recipe. It's always a hit. I'll do it in a cast iron skillet on the egg

Sounds good......will have to try that. Thanks!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I guess I'm the only happy one seeing the Saints get burned. Not so much for the players or fans but Sean Payton. 

Sincerely, a Vikings fan
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Since the Saints got cheated, and Brady's a damn cheater, I don't see the point.
    Haven't missed a SuperBowl that I know of, but will be skipping this one; I can watch the cool commercials online the next day.
    Was thinking about hiking Antelope Island instead, but its supposed to be a rain/snow mix Sunday so will probably stay home.
    Toilets need scrubbing...  :how_interesting:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I guess I'm the only happy one seeing the Saints get burned. Not so much for the players or fans but Sean Payton. 

Sincerely, a Vikings fan
    I agree, 100%

What goes around, came around. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    WeberWho said:

Sincerely, a Vikings fan
    I agree, 100%

What goes around, came around. 
    Sure, whatever the fùck that means.
    Options
    I found out on Monday that the Superbowl is this weekend. Then found out yesterday which teams will be playing . 

#iliveunderarock

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    edited January 2019
    Options
    vb4677 said:
    We ALL know a Chiefs-Saint's SB would've been killer despite the refs. So in the Snub Bowl, I'll be smoking some wings and maybe something else once the SWMBO decides what I need to do...

the chiefs played a real respectable game, they just need to work on their coin toss =)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options

belichick has been wanting reviews of this type of play forever, its too bad the haters didnt listen. if the rams win, do they get an * for this =)
    fukahwee maine

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I heard they may be a throwdown this Sunday.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    Options

you could go to a chickfila, no lines on sunday =)
    fukahwee maine

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    My buddy is hosting and I’m cooking. 

Ribs
    ham and Swiss Hawaiian sliders
    smoked buffalo chicken and chorizo dip

also I just found out who was playing on this thread

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• kersh13
    kersh13 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm smoking a pork butt and we're having pulled pork tacos and nachos. 
    Large Egg circa '06 model.

Athens, GA

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    we are having a group over, playing some games and hanging out ignoring the super bowl.  

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I heard they may be a throwdown this Sunday.
    Make sure you let @JohnInCarolina know it’s this weekend.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Like many SB’s, the game will be on but the main event will be the food, the ads, and hanging out with some friends..  And of course skipping the typical halftime mess.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    bubbajack said:
    ColtsFan said:

Anything with Old Bay is good with me, but that’s a lot of mayo!  If you find it to be oily, you can dial back the mayo to 1/4 cup, and add sour cream.  Delicious either way, no doubt.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Buffalo chicken dip.  Some years with my own egg'd chicken, some years with a rotisserie bird from the BJ's.  With those awful Pats about to win yet again, it's difficult to justify not phoning it in with a $5.99 pre-cooked bird.  

Pro tip:  Don't bet against The Hoodie, no matter how much you loathe the team, the owner, the DreamBoatLoverBoyQB who openmouth kisses his son, his wife, their mansion in Brookline, his supplement-hawking fitness charlatan, and the horses all of them rode in on.

Frankly, I'd rather spend 4 hours watching the Cornhole Championships on The Deuce, alone in the dark with a bag of fritos and some whiskey to help me forget.  Instead, I am compelled to be social and go to a party to watch The Big Game.  [And by the way EFF EFF EFF the No Fun League's prohibition against anyone other then licensees being able to say "Super Bowl".]   On the bright side, I am NOT compelled to be nice, so Imma continue to stoke my burning hatred of the Pats as I watch the next step in their march to girdiron immortality. 

The only saving grace, I suppose, is that whether we recognize it or not, the league is dying a slow and painful death in its fetid sea of cash.  When my great-grand children come to visit me at the home (or in my jail cell), they'll think it's "quaint" and "interesting" that I used to enjoy the sport and even made some money betting on it. 

So, who's got the UNDER 1:45 for the National Anthem?  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    Going with RRP's Georgia Red Wing recipe & a bunch of chips & guacamole. It's cheat day for the diet and the Pats - so going to have a few beers too! 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    I will be watching the Super Bowl with the same interest I have any year that my team is not in it (Ravens).

Bad calls happen all season long, every year. This one was particularly horrible - so blatant - I can’t understand how the refs could have missed it.  Unlike most bad calls, it’s very obvious - probably a ~98% chance - it altered the outcome of the game (although improbable, Saints could have missed the field goal).

Maybe the answer is to allow such calls (no calls) to be “challengable”.  Sometimes even after review they get it wrong.  I’ll argue all day long that Michael Crabtree fumbled into the end zone where a Raven picked it up and returned it for a touchdown - the refs though called it a TD for the Chargers - a game that would have been 12-10 suddenly was 20-3.

Anyway, the SB is a “happening” - you gotta watch, you gotta eat, you gotta drink - to not do so is un-American.

Peace and love...
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • rtgurley
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Sincerely, a Vikings fan
    Still bitter huh?

XL BGE 
    Saints fan stuck in Dallas