Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Free At Last

Options
2»

Comments

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Welcome back!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    So glad you back..Speedy recovery.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Finally out of the hospital after 6 months. Learning my kitchen again. Weird.
    Sorry to hear that you have been sick. Certainly glad to hear that you are doing better. Glad to see you back on the forum sister👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Welcome back!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Happy you are out and happy you are back here! 
    New Orleans LA
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    That is scary.  Glad you are home!
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dredger......hows the getting reacquainted with your kitchen going?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    It's coming back. Having a problem reaching everything, but I'm getting there. I'm still in a wheelchair and we have 9 foot ceilings which make the cabinets pretty high, so I have to be careful moving around. I have a walker, but it has wheels too, so have to take my time with that. Just thankful to still be alive, lol. Hubby has been fantastic. he does most of the cooking and I am the sous chef. It'll do for now. Hope everyone is having decent weather. It's pretty cold here.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Dredger said:
    It's coming back. Having a problem reaching everything, but I'm getting there. I'm still in a wheelchair and we have 9 foot ceilings which make the cabinets pretty high, so I have to be careful moving around. I have a walker, but it has wheels too, so have to take my time with that. Just thankful to still be alive, lol. Hubby has been fantastic. he does most of the cooking and I am the sous chef. It'll do for now. Hope everyone is having decent weather. It's pretty cold here.
    Anything I can do to help? We are glad you are still with us on all fronts. Hopefully, you can still work the camara. ;)

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I hope for a speedy recovery @Dredger, welcome back.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Dredger I am so sorry to hear, but glad you are back.  Been there and done that.  My wife was in the hospital for a year and intensive care for well over a month.  I lived by her side and slept in a chair every night.  She is still in a wheelchair and recovering, but we are home and living our lives again.  A bad night on the Egg beats a good night in the hospital.  Thank goodness you are back.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Thanks guys. @northGAcock, I haven't tried the camera yet, but hope to soon. It's a beautiful day here with sunshine that we haven't seen for awhile. @Hub, glad to hear your wife is doing better and I agree about the egg. My first meal was a filet and I ate the whole thing, lol. That's unusual for me. When I finally got home, I slept for three days straight. You get no rest in a hospital.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Dollinger
    Dollinger Posts: 79
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My sister was walking around fine. She thought she had allergies and it progressed within 12 hours to a near death ride to the emergency room and for three months she was pretty unstable. At first, the doctors told us it wasn't very likely she would make it .  She hung on and was in one day less than a year and because of all or the organ damage, she will never be back to normal. It's shocking how fast things can change. I'm glad you are back and doing better!
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Circling back @Dredger .....how’s it going?

• northGAcock
    Options
    Dredger said:
    @Dollinger, glad your sister is doing better. Did they ever find out what caused her illness? The doctors tried their best to get hubby to sign a DNR document. That was how sure they were that I wasn't going to make it, but we showed them, lol. @northGAcock, I'm getting around a little better, but have just been diagnosed as being anemic. More tests to be run and possibly a bone marrow test. They'll have to catch me if they can for that one. I'm looking forward to the day that I get away from so many doctor's appointments. BTW, I do not recommend this as a weight loss program. I went from 165 lbs. and fluctuate between 110 and 111 lbs now. Gotta work on building more muscle mass. My stationary bike is my friend. After the horrible hospital food, I am finally getting my appetite back.
    Good to hear from ya.