Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Black Brisket

Doing a 14# SRF Black brisket for my nieces birthday party tomorrow, I’ve read somewhere on here that they tend to cook a bit faster than your standard prime or choice, anyone with SRF experience have a roundabout time range cooking at 275?
Bloomfield, NJ

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Good luck

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
    edited January 2019
    TFols said:
    Doing a 14# SRF Black brisket for my nieces birthday party tomorrow, I’ve read somewhere on here that they tend to cook a bit faster than your standard prime or choice, anyone with SRF experience have a roundabout time range cooking at 275?
    I’ve had a couple that I  felt cooked a little fast and others that didn’t. I would say 1 hr per lb at 250-260 will get you close. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    They have all cooked really fast for me.  Less than an hour a pound at less temp than that.
    NOLA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    It’ll cook faster than any prime. When it probes like butter in the thick part of the flat, and everywhere else, FTC it. 1/2-3/4 hours per pound at that temp. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    Work with an hour/lb at that dome temp and have a solid FTC plan ready to go.  With that, start checking at around 190*F in the thick part of the flat (only had one finish in the low 190's though) but for the past few years they have all declared victory in the low 200's-with one friggin cow that didn't play til around 209*F.  Trust the feel for the win and go with your normal brisket cook process. 
    Make sure to have a good sized air-gapped drip pan for the renderings-there will be a lot.  FWIW-
    Enjoy the cook and follow-on eats.  A true banquet awaits. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Thanks for the info fellas!
    Bloomfield, NJ