Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Honoring All Who Served...Thank You

Options
13»

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Seems as though the thread is about honoring those who served. He’s not off topic. He’s putting things out there from another/different perspective. Just because you disagree with what he’s saying you feel the need to tell him what he can and can’t do here? Maybe the OP should be the one to handle his own thread, he is running things around here. 
    Snellville, GA

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    He even got a wave from the man on what looks like a 50 caliber. They circle every vessel approaching Ellis and Victory Islands. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Awesome. Please relay my thanks to your son.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    My Blessings To You All!!!~~~
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Don't know how I messed the original thread. But thanks to all who served.

I was lucky enough that my service came during peace time. But my father was on Okinawa in WWII and his brother was injured in North Africa. I have an Uncle and a half brother that were in Vietnam during that conflict. I also married the daughter of a career Army Lt. Colonel. None of my kids are following in my footsteps and serving.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    One of the things I’m trying to my daughter and the kids that are in my youth group is to honor the men and women who have served our county not just on Veterans Day.  When ever we are out and we see a veteran easily identified by a cap or what ever we make a pint to thank them for there service not just to this country but to us specifically.  I always make sure to shake there hand and tell them how much they are appreciated.  We will often pickup the tab for their coffe or lunch, it’s the least we can do.  If it is an individual in uniform the same applies.   

So so I would like to give all of the eggheads who have served a true heart felt thank you.  Because of you my family lives in the greatest country on earth.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• MNEggerandStuff
    Options
    A big thank you indeed!!!
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Just had a delivery from a new neighbor. That is one large chocolate chip cookie. I was stunned.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Let's Go Veterans!  Thank you all for stepping up to serve!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 324
    Options
    Defintely want to say thanks to those out there tonight. Especially in the Red Sea area dodging **** the Huthis keep lobbing at y'all.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD