Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks like you have plenty of tongue weight! @kl8ton
    Is that a good thing?  Better brisket mastication?
    Options
    Looks like you have plenty of tongue weight! @kl8ton
    I thought that, as in too much? Nose up isn't great for the steering, do yku need to beef up the rear on that truck?
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Numbers all work.  I will take it to the scales before heading out.  The truck has a 6,000 lb payload capacity.  It has a 21,000 lb fifth wheel towing capacity. 

Fifth wheel weighs 16,500 loaded and pin weight should be about 3500. 

I may have to adjust the pin box on the fifth wheel to get the nose down a little.  I want to get air bags for the truck so it sits level when towing too. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I'll be live streaming like a boss now!  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Numbers all work.  I will take it to the scales before heading out.  The truck has a 6,000 lb payload capacity.  It has a 21,000 lb fifth wheel towing capacity. 

I may have to adjust the pin box on the fifth wheel to get the nose down a little.  I want to get air bags for the truck so it sits level when towing too. 
    I was thinking heavier duty suspension, but self levelling makes more sense.  Also, bear in mind that the maximum payload will have a distribution as to where the centre of gravity of the load falls.  Does the pin sit directly over the centre of the bed (front to rear)?
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Eoin said:
    kl8ton said:

I was thinking heavier duty suspension, but self levelling makes more sense.  Also, bear in mind that the maximum payload will have a distribution as to where the centre of gravity of the load falls.  Does the pin sit directly over the centre of the bed (front to rear)?
    Pin is directly centered over rear axle 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Eoin said:
    kl8ton said:

Pin i s directly centered over rear axle 
    Do you have any plans to vlog your life one the road now?  That would be sweet!  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Apparently my drain plug was not screwed into my Tundra.....or my sorry @ss dog has developed fingers. Chewed the **** out of it. Yeti gets more out of me.....private victory though...only $10.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Eoin said:
    kl8ton said:

What’s a vlog?  ;)

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Your  tongue weight is probably fine it just looks like a bunch considering that is a absolute beast of a truck!    Definitely would rather have too much than not enough. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Just bought mud flaps for my new car. And a set of jumper cables, a breaker bar and lug socket  and a tire gauge for it. Waiting on a small first aid kit from Amazon. 

All my cars get the basic essentials 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Eoin said:
    kl8ton said:

What’s a vlog?  ;)
    Not sure if you're serious or not.  

https://youtu.be/AHn6DT-U9Cc
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Eoin said:
    kl8ton said:

What’s a vlog?  ;)
    Not sure if you're serious or not.  

https://youtu.be/AHn6DT-U9Cc
    Only kidding Matt. watched the video though.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Bonfire from dry branches - top view V-shaped log red and orange flames charred wood and smoke Stock Photo - 89679864
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Eoin
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Eoin said:
    kl8ton said:

Pin is directly centered over rear axle 
    Can you mount it further forward to distribute the load between the axles and maybe save on the need for air bags?
  • Eoin
    Options
    Some beef. This was one piece as ordered, but I saw sense and had it cut in half.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Looks like your boy has a while to grow into those gloves...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• oldgeezeystax
    Options
    a bunch of AMD
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    a bunch of AMD
    finally they made a competitive CPU
    edited January 2019
    Options
    A new 3 wood. 

Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @tarheelmatt

Yes we plan to do something like a vlog...
    I'm just not wanting to do hours of video editing...we will see. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    @tarheelmatt

Yes we plan to do something like a vlog...
    I'm just not wanting to do hours of video editing...we will see. 
    Totally understand. You’re doing this to create memories for your family, not the Internet. Safe travels during your journey my friend. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Got the Lg home today. Will install in the table and post pics by the weekend. The outdoor bar and grill is functional but no where near finished.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Replacement solar panel for the automatic chicken coup door. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CanadianAnvil
    Options
    Got a Browning  BPS 12 gauge  
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    All of my normal go to spots are flooded..pup doesn't have anywhere to sit

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Nothing until the government reopens. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• kl8ton
    Options
    Indian Take out and Thai Take out.  

Wife's favorite take out food and my favorite take out food.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Replacement solar panel for the automatic chicken coup door. 
    This, I'd like to see a picture of!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    WOOT! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA