Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP Super Dave

Options
blasting
blasting Posts: 6,262

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGkS_EQtHKc

Grew up watching this guy.  RIP Super Dave

Phoenix 

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    And always kept strapped in and protected with Saskatchewan seal skin bindings.... A great show in its day, RIP Super Dave. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    Oh Sh!it first Mean Gene now him???? I don't want to hear anymore of this bad news. Who's next? Livia? Tony? Ginny? Oh it must of been from cooking on all those charcoal briquettes!!

<iframe width="786" height="442" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e9smaZVVBxA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    And always kept strapped in and protected with Saskatchewan seal skin bindings.... A great show in its day, RIP Super Dave. 

I never saw the Super Dave show - I watched him doing his character on Bizarre 10 years prior.  That might have just been up in Canada though - not sure it made it's way down here.

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Man what a funny show this was.  Loved it!!  RIP.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Never had cable growing up so it Marty Funkhouser I remember. RIP. 
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Bizarre made it down to Central PA back in the day, and that's where I got to love Super Dave. This is some sad news..

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I know him best from Curb Your Enthusiasm. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    He was fairly regular on Letterman back in the 80’s.  Always funny. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Not so fun fact, Gene Okerland, Daryl Dragon (captain of captain & tennille) and Super Dave all died same day at age of 76.  Kinda strange.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I know him best from Curb Your Enthusiasm. 
    Me too.  He was great in that show.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited January 2019
    Options
    blasting said:

I never saw the Super Dave show - I watched him doing his character on Bizarre 10 years prior.  That might have just been up in Canada though - not sure it made it's way down here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SGkS_EQtHKc
    Check this at about the 4:35 mark.....

Always a hoot!

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    He had a great cartoon on when I was young, watched it with my grandfather.....always made us laugh.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    ryantt said:
    He had a great cartoon on when I was young, watched it with my grandfather.....always made us laugh.  
    Yep, with his stunt coordinator Fuji from the regular show.  Fuji’s character wouldn’t make it past the first episode today without the PC police having a social media feast.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I’ve I’m not convinced Super Dave has passed.  I’ve seen him “die” many times on TV.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    I swear I remember seeing him do the Century Club with Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Carolla on the Man Show around 2000-2001.  He was WRECKED.  I didn’t realize it was a 60 year old man (at the time) pounding 11-ish beers in less than two hours.  

I attempted it shortly thereafter.  We both had similar results.  

RIP Super Dave!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Best laugh..

He was strapped into a chair holding a Rosetta linked to a tow truck.  As the truck was trying to lurch forward super Dave was moaning and groaning while the truck fires intermittently spun and smoked....then his arms got stretched out like 20 feet

Hilarious