Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

like buttons

Options
whats with the second like button
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• EggbertGreenII
    Options
    For Facebook.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    For Facebook.
    guess i wont be first then
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Seems redundant  =)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    Yep, already know what my friends like.........without fb
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Woodchunk said:
    What?  How?  Do you, like, talk to them?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Woodchunk
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Woodchunk said:
    What?  How?  Do you, like, talk to them?
    String and a can
    i still have and use a land line
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Man if they merge this forum with the BGE facebook page watch out.  Don't cross the streams!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I know exactly what my invisible friends like, and I'm never wrong.
    Options
    Must be a mobile thing as on the desktop there is only one "like" option.  But my software may not be current enough to find the second... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Must be a mobile thing as on the desktop there is only one "like" option.  But my software may not be current enough to find the second... =)
    Frank, you probably have a few vacuum tubes that need replacement.  The Russians are good for something, after all.   =)
    Options
    Look at @ryantt's Norah’s first go at pasta to see the double 'like'.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Frank, you probably have a few vacuum tubes that need replacement.  The Russians are good for something, after all.   =)
    I may buy the tube replacement but if the Russians are the only source then I am relegated to only one like button...BTW- If you have two like buttons is that like two belly buttons...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    lousubcap said:
    I may buy the tube replacement but if the Russians are the only source then I am relegated to only one like button...BTW- If you have two like buttons is that like two belly buttons...
    That's one, think about the "man in the boat"...in the parlance of a sailor...  B)
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    On my desktop (I never use mobile) I've seen it on one other message today:
    It appears above the normal row of buttons at the bottom of a message. Have no idea what it means or how it got here.
    Maybe they're trying to cross-pollinate their FB and Forum pages?
    Maybe they are going to transition to their FB page and shutdown the Forum?
    Could be that perhaps one can now join this forum using their FB login/ID and that button is part of FB's tentacles trying to reach everywhere it can?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    @HeavyG - Thanks.  Since I have never had a bookface account I am obviously missing something that I know I don't need unlike many forum "gotta have" Q related threads. 
  • Woodchunk
    Options
    Last fall the forum for the red one announced it was closing shop at the end of the year and going to fb. They changed their mind, got donations, and continued on. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Woodchunk said:
    Last fall the forum for the red one announced it was closing shop at the end of the year and going to fb. They changed their mind, got donations, and continued on. 
    Kamado Joe used to have their own forum. It never really got much use/attention and they closed it about a year ago. When it first shut down they said it was just being upgraded but it never came back and I think they just decided to stick with their FB page which gets far more traffic than their own forum ever did.
    KamadoGuru.com is a forum for all brands of kamados and is run by one fellow (John Setzler) wasn't sure it was worth continuing to run it and he thought he might close it down but he had a "pledge drive"  a few months ago which seemed to garner enough interest that it is still running for the time being.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @HeavyG - Thanks.  Since I have never had a bookface account I am obviously missing something that I know I don't need unlike many forum "gotta have" Q related threads. 
    I don't like FB but there are some hobby and technical groups that live there (rather than running their own forums which can be a headache - just ask The Buffalo :) ) that are closed groups and to join them one has to have a FB account and that is the only reason I go there.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:
    I don't like FB but there are some hobby and technical groups that live there (rather than running their own forums which can be a headache - just ask The Buffalo :) ) that are closed groups and to join them one has to have a FB account and that is the only reason I go there.
    I hear you on that.  Roccbox has a group and there’s a wealth of knowledge shared by the members there.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:
    I hear you on that.  Roccbox has a group and there’s a wealth of knowledge shared by the members there.
    “Don’t cross the streams”.  Looks like it’s too late.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    On Facebook, much of what you share can be limited to certain parties. On this forum, many share far more than any Facebook user, and it is public for anyone to see or search, using google. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    So this FB like/sign up link has been retrofit into prior discussion posts.  I’m not on FB, never intended my food posts to promote FB and see this as a negative for the forum.  Just me.  

I'm with you Brent, and it sounds like there are a bunch of us who think the same.  Hopefully @The_Buffalo can pass the word along there a number of us who don't want to be involved with FB directly or indirectly.
    Phoenix 
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Side passing along a FB nugget for anyone interested in a chimnea. This popped up in my feed while checking my FB groups. 

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    I just liked everyone's post. BTW, I think that thumbs up my be a copyright infringement...I don't know
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    ...BTW- If you have two like buttons is that like two belly buttons...
    If you had two belly buttons, you could hold twice as much salt when you eat celery in bed.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    I have already had one forum that I had been a 12 year member go to spacebook. The signs are when management if either absent or publicly said that they are tired of policing it.
  • The_Buffalo
    Options
    Man if they merge this forum with the BGE facebook page watch out.  Don't cross the streams!  
    We are not. Just seeing if you guys like the facebook "like" button option 
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    We are not. Just seeing if you guys like the facebook "like" button option 
    What actually happens if someone does a facebook like on a forum post?