Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rack for ABTs

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 632
Making some tomorrow. Anyone using a rack that they like for ABTs?

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    :confused: standard rack, drip
    pan, indirect... 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    I was gifted a rack once to vertically hold the ABT- total trash.  Just drop on the grid or grids if running large quantities.  Should you stack them, the higher elevation ones will usually (key word) finish first.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Perhaps I'm too late to answer, but it really depends on how you cut your peppers. Me personally, I cut mine length wise so I have boats to hold the JAP ingredients so they don't let the ingredients run out! Some here like to lop off the tops and stand them upright in one of those "Holey" stands.

BTW what are you stuffing them with?

Good luck and I hope you knock the socks off your company! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Not needed imo. Just slice jalapenos into half into boats. Stuff, wrap, cook indirect 30-45 minutes. Done.
    Mountain View, CA
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Agree with above - just go indirect on your regular rack.

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet