Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Prime Rib and Leftover Steak Sandwiches

Options
With the tips and advice on this forum, as well as the reverse sear post on nibblemethis, I decided to try my first standing rib roast for a family get together at my place. Picked up a 7 lb roast, had the butcher cut off othe bones then tie them back on. I feel like this was more for presentation than anything. Set it uncovered in the fridge overnight. 

Set Egg to 250. Indirect with platesetter
legs up. Seasoned with dried minced garlic, kosher salt, and coursed ground pepper. Drip pan filled worth beef stock, smashed cloves of garlic, and a couple sprigs of rosemary. 

Took about 3 hours at 245-260 until it hit internal temp of 125. Pulled to let rest while I removed the platesetter and got the temp up to 550. Also removed the bones and then threw them back on for a quick char. Sear the roast about one minute per side. 

Got a little thirsty while we were waiting for it to rest before slicing. 

Plated with Paula Deen’s twice baked potato casserole, French Green Beans with shallots,  and sautéed shrooms. 

The Prime Rib was a hit with everyone. But the leftovers really were spot on. Got some fresh rolls from Publix and used the Au Jus for dipping too!  Thanks for looking!

Richard
large BGE, Birmingham, AL

Comments