Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Too salty?

Options
I really don't pay much attention to level of salt unless what I’m tasting is really missing something, or if it’s just really, really salty.  I realize that except in extremes, this is a subjective thing.

So my question, is it becoming saltier around here lately?  Is it too salty?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    edited December 2018
    Options
    its like guacamole, needs salt, take the salt out and its just not right
    im ok with it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    I really don't pay much attention to level of salt unless what I’m tasting is really missing something, or if it’s just really, really salty.  I realize that except in extremes, this is a subjective thing.

So my question, is it becoming saltier around here lately?  Is it too salty?

Is that what you mean by salty, Tom?  It wasn’t too clear to me.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    not much christmas spirit there =)
    fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    its like guacamole, needs salt, take the salt out and its just not right
    im ok with it
    Guacamole is green. I am ok with this simile.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,626
    Options
    Haha - nice meme @JohnInCarolina!  But of course I don’t understand it.  

I’m not salty, or maybe I’m just not too salty.  

Salty is in the eye of the beholder?

No mention of how salty the 3-bears porridge was.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I like salt. 

I like salty.

I also like pepper. Whatever that means...
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    not much christmas spirit there =)
    Probably because the "war on christmas" and all that PC stuff from atheists.
    Options
    oh yeah: =)
    Options
    oh yeah: =)
    i thought maybe it was the mormons visit to dmv's place that put him over the top, how dare he say mormon on an open forum. gay or not gay, mormon is out =) its the church of the blah blah blah now
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Being ever PC and not wanting to buffalo a thread not of my creation, I would venture that saltiness is in the taste of the consumer.  I have enjoyed many a varying salt content hair-pie banquet and was never concerned with any relative assessment.  But I'm old and YMMV-  =)
    Edit:  I am an old sailor!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,626
    Options
    Lmao.  Thanks for that.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Being ever PC and not wanting to buffalo a thread not of my creation, I would venture that saltiness is in the taste of the consumer.  I have enjoyed many a varying salt content hair-pie banquet and was never concerned with any relative assessment.  But I'm old and YMMV-  =)
    I once read somewhere that the Navy guys like a pinch of salt added to a standard batch of coffee.  No idea if it’s true.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I once read somewhere that the Navy guys like a pinch of salt added to a standard batch of coffee.  No idea if it’s true.
    That would definitely explain my above enjoyment as I am a Navy anomaly.  I don't and haven't felt a need for coffee, tea or cigarettes thru the duration.    Now bourbon and beer-a totally different deal.
    Caffeine fix today - Diet Coke.
    Back in the day- it was all water as the continuous beverage machine never got close to the Coke/Diet Coke correct taste.
    More than you ever wanted or needed to know. 
    Hair-Pie for the WIN.  =)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I guessing your salt level may be on the lower side judging from the overwhelming interest in this thread 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.