Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chickfila

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416
    Franchisees print money. So much in my area, CFA only allows the guy to own 3 of them. 60-80 cars deep in the drive thru is the norm. CFA also has a very different franchise policy. Startup is cheap, you’re expected to work for a decent salary, They take a franchise fee, and 50% of the profits
  • brimee
    brimee Posts: 127
    Quality and quantity has definitely suffered after expanding north, it’s sad that you can get a better chicken sandwich at What A Burger. By the way, What A Burger is way better than In-N-Out and boy is it in and out  :o
    Brian
    Fairview, Texas
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    @hub above, motherfcuka
    Nice.  SMH.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Don't care for CFA. Chicken is too salty to me and to add pickles yet?
    Fries were soggy. Peach shakes are good though.
    They do a bang up business though, always full.
    But, a lot of people have a taste for lousy food. If not, there wouldn't be so many fast food chains.
    But then, I'm a food snob. I own an egg after all. =) 
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    brimee said:
     you can get a better chicken sandwich at What A Burger. By the way, What A Burger is way better than In-N-Out and boy is it in and out

You and i have had vastly different dining experiences

Phoenix 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    The one by my house today the drive through line was out onto the HWY probably 10
    cars in line on the HWY with 40-50
    ahead of them. I like their food but not worth that.
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    @Lit that would be about the same wait as 3-4 cars at McDonald’s or any other fast food joint.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    GaBGE said:
    @Lit that would be about the same wait as 3-4 cars at McDonald’s or any other fast food joint.
    riiigghhhht.. 
  • Ha! So I mentioned Portillio's in the Chicagoland area, they have 53 locations. You pull up and the line is uber long BUT they have one guy putting a numbered sticker on your car and taking the order, then another guy right behind him running your credit card and finally a third guy running your order to your car. I have had 20 cars ahead of me and had received my food in 8 minutes.. Amazing.. I guess that's why they were bought  for $1 billion for just the restaurants not including the property https://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20141210/CRED03/141209748/after-berkshire-partners-takeover-****-portillio-buys-back-real-estate

Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    At the chick-fil-a next town over I've noticed a truism. People who use the drive thru are almost aways even fatter than the people who park and go inside. 

Same for all fat-food places (not a typo). I have seen a line of a dozen cars around a McDonald's, while the parking lot is empty. 

That's just giving up, really. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Closed today (Sunday).
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • I once saw a lady eating M and M’s with a spoon 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    edited December 2018
    st¡ke said:
    At the chick-fil-a next town over I've noticed a truism. People who use the drive thru are almost aways even fatter than the people who park and go inside. 

Same for all fat-food places (not a typo). I have seen a line of a dozen cars around a McDonald's, while the parking lot is empty. 

The closest fast food place to my work is McDonald's. They just finished remodeling it. Guess how they want you to order it when inside? With an I-Pad. You have to wait in line to use an I-Pad. Yes, place your own order. You know how many other people just touched that I-Pad right before you get your food? I don't want to go inside and wait to order my food from an I-Pad. I'm not expecting much from their food from the start but at least give me an employee to take my order when coming inside. I would have gone through the drive through otherwise. I'll wait in the drive through over a fake I-Pad employee inside any day. (I haven't gone back since)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Burger King recently had a promotion where you could get a 1 cent whopper if you used the app to order it and you were within 600 feet of a McDonald's.

NOLA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    WeberWho said:
    st¡ke said:

The closest fast food place to my work is McDonald's. They just finished remodeling it. Guess how they want you to order it when inside? With an I-Pad. You have to wait in line to use an I-Pad. Yes, place your own order. You know how many other people just touched that I-Pad right before you get your food? I don't want to go inside and wait to order my food from an I-Pad. I'm not expecting much from their food from the start but at least give me an employee to take my order when coming inside. I would have gone through the drive through otherwise. I'll wait in the drive through over a fake I-Pad employee inside any day. (I haven't gone back since)
    This is simply a result of the “Fight for $15”. I’d much rather order it myself that rely on the staff that doesn’t give a rat’s azz to get my order correct. 

Touched the I pad? The same people touched the door handle you used to walk in... 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    WeberWho said:
    st¡ke said:

This is simply a result of the “Fight for $15”. I’d much rather order it myself that rely on the staff that doesn’t give a rat’s azz to get my order correct. 

Touched the I pad? The same people touched the door handle you used to walk in... 
    I'd rather have someone make that $15. The other McDonald's across town hires kids with Special Needs that do a great job 

I'll open the door with a sleeve or try not to touch it as much as possible and I'm not much of a germ freak
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    st¡ke said:

I'd rather have someone make that $15. The other McDonald's across town hires kids with Special Needs that do a great job 

I'll open the door with a sleeve or try not to touch it as much as possible and I'm not much of a germ freak
    That’s when your cup of coffee starts costing $5... 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Gimme that spicy chicken sandwich every time.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    If I was that worried about germs, I probably wouldn’t eat there.  Or lots of places.
  • Legume
    If I have to wait in line to order on an iPad, can’t I just order and pay on my phone from the luxurious comfort of a table in McD’s?  Or from my car?
  • DoubleEgger
    Legume said:
    If I have to wait in line to order on an iPad, can’t I just order and pay on my phone from the luxurious comfort of a table in McD’s?  Or from my car?
    My Jitterbug phone doesn’t do that. 
  • WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    st¡ke said:

That’s when your cup of coffee starts costing $5... 
    This whole exchange...

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    st¡ke said:

If you can’t touch anything in the building why would you eat there ;-) 
      I do the same thing, especially any bathroom, always open a door with sleeve or a towel in my hand 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I feel like if I ring in my own order ff or retailer I should get a discount.

However they will probably take it the other way and charge us for the convenience of having someone do their job. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    So all those germs on your sleeve don’t bother you?

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Chick Fil A is a great choice for fast food. They are very consistent on food quality and service.
    Service is what really makes them shine. They are very selective about who they employ. Most fast food places only require that the prospective employee have a pulse. They haven't figured out how to work a dead person.
    The Chick Fil A menu might get a little boring at times, but I can handle the boredom. It's a small trade off for the superior service.

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Anybody here familiar with PALs Sudden stop down near Knoxville TN. Now that place is unbelievable for efficient and great service
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Legume
    Like a lot of things on this forum, it’s not for those that already have a strong bias against it, or fast food in general, or the Sunday thing, or whatever.  You can’t (and shouldn’t try) to convince the entrenched and naturally argumentative.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Legume said:
    I thought they already did this, thought there was a couple parking spots for "Online Order Pickup".  I grab a Sausage Biscuit about once a month, the morning I ran out of my usual breakfast items; I bypass the iPad because I pay with cash (Luddite!!) and won't stand in TWO lines.  They've always accommodated me.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Legume
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    I thought they already did this, thought there was a couple parking spots for "Online Order Pickup".  I grab a Sausage Biscuit about once a month, the morning I ran out of my usual breakfast items; I bypass the iPad because I pay with cash (Luddite!!) and won't stand in TWO lines.  They've always accommodated me.  
    They might, I don’t know.  I won’t even drive near one because of the germs.  =)