Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hunting Season 2018

Comments

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    SGH said:
    Got this Drake Saturday, it was a slow hunt but this beauty was worth it!

Awesome brother 👍
    Thank you bud! I’m sure that deer you got recently will taste good too!
    LBGE
    AL
  • TideEggHead
    CornfedMA said:
    Got this Drake Saturday, it was a slow hunt but this beauty was worth it!

The “Gentleman of the Swamp.” Love it. Just got this back from a couple nice drakes I took last year. 
    Great looking mount! I just dropped off two drakes to get mounted the same way, it will be a hanging mount with straps on cypress. Your’s looks awesome though, I can’t wait!
    LBGE
    AL
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    SGH said:
    Nothing special, but here is all I can contribute so far. With that said, it’s still early in the season. 

@SGH where in the world did you shoot that doe?  I cant even see a wound

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    EGGjlmh said:
    In the neck. The shot was 110 yards with a suppressed, subsonic 300 Blackout. The bullet did not exit. The 300 Blackout is a very low powered round. As such I always neck or head shoot them. 
    To date that’s my longest kill with the Blackout. I usually pop them around 50-75 yards. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    SGH said:
    EGGjlmh said:
    In the neck. The shot was 110 yards with a suppressed, subsonic 300 Blackout. The bullet did not exit. The 300 Blackout is a very low powered round. As such I always neck or head shoot them. 
    To date that’s my longest kill with the Blackout. I usually pop them around 50-75 yards. 
    I want a 300 so bad to go with my dead air sandman s. Suppressed is the way to go!
    Dyersburg, TN
  • SGH
    leemschu said:
    I want a 300 so bad 
    Go ahead a get yourself one. It’s only money my friend =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Haha just started a new lower paying career 
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Great thread. Took my first elk this year on a hunt in Montana. Shot at last light. 1/4'd and hung in a tree overnight. Came back in the morning and packed it out.

XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154
    Opening morning in Arkansas.  
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Mom sent me this pic the other day. She was following this truck and thought something looked strange.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Got this 8 point on Thanksgiving. My first buck. First night sitting in the stands this season. Was only out there 30 minutes before he walked up. 100 yd shot with a .270

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Haven’t been doing good with the pictures lately.  Here is a ditch chicken I took the other weekend.  

Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Man oh man, you guys are bringing the next generation up right!  I couldn't get my daughter to hunt, however, we did hit the range at least once a month.  She is proficient in gun safety and marksmanship. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    bump

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349

Pre jerky and sausage phase
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @SPRIGS...those are some fat mallards 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Bump

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• MacPa
    MacPa Posts: 20

You can see she had her toes crossed for good luck,
    It didn't work.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Couple of weeks ago west of Austin.

• SGH
    Legume said:
    Couple of weeks ago west of Austin.

Nice one brother 👍

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    MacPa said:

You can see she had her toes crossed for good luck,
    It didn't work.
    Looks like her luck ran out. Nice one brother 👍

Status- Standing by.

• TideEggHead
    edited January 2019
    Bump. Not that duck season is ever great in my area of the flyway but this season has sucked! Highs over the past month have been mid 50s to mid 60s (heck up until Wednesday we were up to 70) and we've had so much rain it's ridiculous. Water has what birds we do have spread out and mild temps  are not helping. Regardless we have still had a lot of fun but is anyone else doing any better??
    LBGE
    AL
  • If anyone in MN ever has an opening for a hunt I would be very grateful for the invitation.  I have the guns, wardrobe and ability to shoot, but no land or buddies that are into it.

Not that food is involved but I've always wanted to go wild hog and prairie dog hunting too.  A lot of fun and helping farmers out at the same time.  Win Win

• Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312

If anyone in MN ever has an opening for a hunt I would be very grateful for the invitation.  I have the guns, wardrobe and ability to shoot, but no land or buddies that are into it.

Not that food is involved but I've always wanted to go wild hog and prairie dog hunting too.  A lot of fun and helping farmers out at the same time.  Win Win

What type of hunt are you looking for?  I chase deer, turkeys, pheasants and ducks down around the Mankato area.  Also have a few walleye spots as well.  Unfortunately this time of year is pretty quiet, honey do list season in full force right now.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • CountryBoy
    CountryBoy Posts: 102
    edited January 2019
    Took this guy November 23. My biggest so far. Ended up with 75 lbs of clean venison