Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Kind of, How many Thanksgiving dinners are you hosting /attending?

Options
bucky925
bucky925 Posts: 2,029
I will be cooking A shoulder Monday for a Church dinner Tuesday evening.  Then Thursday we will do a turkey and ham for lunch with one side of the family. Then down I85 for dinner with my nephew and his family.   Friday I am cooking something not sure what (I haven't been told yet) for a Saturday Thanksgiving lunch with my side of the family when my daughter comes in.  It will be a hectic busy week but we are blessed to have such a large extended faimly THAT WE ACTUALLY LIKE!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,187
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just hosting one, but we’ll have around 20 people here.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ElkhornHusker
    Options
    We will have 1 with just us 5.  Thinking seafood or Mexican.  Then the traditional meal with the in laws on Saturday.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Have 24 for dinner. Two spatchcock and two naked hams. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Attending 1 with about 14 people.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Attending one.....my wife’s family. Shoukd be about 50 of them. Ready to head back already.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Hosting 7 of us. Doing Mad Max Turkey on the egg. Best gravy ever. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Attending one-6 people.  But the bonus is the hosted SRF black brisket post Thanksgiving turkey purge banquet on for Sunday.  Brisket is continuing the wet aging.  Will be 10 who can't wait to see the light...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    None.  The office will be having a luncheon next week, but they'll give the mic to Ms. Yammeryammeryammer and I was told last year that its bad form for me to run out of the hanger screaming.
    And heading out TG weekend to do some night photography in southern Utard. Maybe try a McRib on the road?  :tongue:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Botch said:
    None.  The office will be having a luncheon next week, but they'll give the mic to Ms. Yammeryammeryammer and I was told last year that its bad form for me to run out of the hanger screaming.
    And heading out TG weekend to do some night photography in southern Utard. Maybe try a McRib on the road?  :tongue:
    Where you heading to in the south?  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Botch said:
    Goblin Valley; I've yet to visit that place, and there'll be a quarter-moon that weekend, should be cool.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    Hosting two, rather small groups. 8 and 6
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Botch said:
    U_tarded said:
    Botch said:
    Goblin Valley; I've yet to visit that place, and there'll be a quarter-moon that weekend, should be cool.  
    Nice I’ve only been that area a couple of times it’s really pretty, very remote.  Have fun 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Botch said:
    U_tarded said:
    Botch said:
    I just hiked there this morning. Beautiful. 

Full disclaimer. It was on an elliptical that had a course that had a Goblin Valley course on it.  Please share some pics from your visit.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    We’re going to one Friendsgiving in our hood. Prob 5-6 families participating.  Lots of young kids some turkey legs are at a premium.  I’ll mad max a 15lber and try to gently hands on another 6-8 legs.  

Being Airborne, I hate legs.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    One and one is enough. We are going to my sisters ex sister-in-law’s house. My sister has been divorced from the **** she put through medical school for about 6 years. The families had been friends for years and their daughter and our youngest were tight. We always had great holidays together. Turns out the SIL, her husband and their kids can’t stand the ex. So he’s been going to Fl for Thanksgiving for 3 years and we all get together. Everyone involved are excellent cooks and it is a feast. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Attending 2 then I’ll pick up a turkey on sale and do one for the nuclear 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited November 2018
    Options
    We're actually gonna dine at Cracker Barrel this year.  First time in 20sumptin years we haven't done all the cooking ourselves. But, cooking for 3 and having enough for 30 doesn't make much sense.  Not to mention the prep and clean up. Don't misunderstand we love to cook for the holiday but this year for at least Thanksgiving we're going to take the easy way.
    Will probably still piddle around the egg a little bit on Friday Saturday and Sunday.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 235
    Options
    Hosting a small group - 5 total. Spatchcock bird.

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Only one, with just over 20 people.  I'll endure that, then get back home and Egg'n for the weekend.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Round one is finished.  We started the Church dinner prep at 11 am.  I just now stepped out of the shower.  I am so exhaustecd I didn't even eat.  One thing for sure the kitchen folk at my church are real workers!  I love being around them. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hosting 8 from all over the world for 6 days x 3 per day.
    All on the Eggs.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    All on the Eggs.
    How many of those meals will feature wine as the main course?!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    YukonRon said:
    All on the Eggs.
    Sheeeeeit. Try sneaking shots from the 5th of bourbon behind the toilet in the powder room. This romaine thing will prove to be a convenient excuse (unless you really have the green apple two step).
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    I got off easy, all I had to do was egg a pecan pie for my girlfriend 's folks. I was informed my butt better be there front center . I said well we better be done by 7:00 pm..its the duck opener and I've never missed it and not starting now. ...so they moved to 3:00 PM  =)

As far as with my parents ...they gave up on me years ago.. my dad likes to eat late , and I leave by 8pm to go camp at my spot
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    YukonRon said:
    All on the Eggs.
    @YEMTrey All of them, LOL. I have some serious wine cellar dwellers arriving today, plus, My Beautiful Wife is going to a neighborhood girls night out Christmas party, next week, taking 8 bottles for that.
    If there is anything left by New Years, that will be a miracle.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    edited November 2018
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    YukonRon said:
    All on the Eggs.
    Sheeeeeit. Try sneaking shots from the 5th of bourbon behind the toilet in the powder room. This romaine thing will prove to be a convenient excuse (unless you really have the green apple two step).

@Eggcelsior
    I am with you sir. Old Forester 1910 will be abused by me this weekend.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky