Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SWMBO wants McRib for Dinner tonight

Comments

• Have any of you ever tried a McRib? 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2018
    There's a lot of things I haven't tried that are absolutely in my best interest...  skydiving, gay sex*,  Russian roulette, hiring a hitman, the McRib...

*except for that one time in college 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Have any of you ever tried a McRib? 
    Not one as professionally crafted as that pictured above but I have eaten a rib sandwich from Alex's BBQ Heaven......something tells me they aren't the same.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    @dstearn unless SWMBO is experiencing cravings linked to happy event* I suggest she needs to reconsider her life choices.   We all have a go-to dirty food secret, but that just looks awful - and not unlike how it will re-emerge.
    I am getting heartburn just looking at it. 

For reference, my SWMBO and I 'retired' from McD's a few years ago after a cheeky 1/4 pounder one lunchtime.  We were bilious for hours. 

(*If a new Egg-er is expected,  call him/her Ronald.... =) I know, I'm so funny.)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I’ve never eaten a dog turd either. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I had one when they first came out, HS or college I think

and I indulge in a fish filet or two every lent - good road option for Lenten Fridays
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    It’s from McDonald’s - by definition it can’t be good.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ate one once. That is enough. They're disgusting. And I am no food snob, I will destroy a taco bell cheesy gordita crunch or three. I can get down on McDs nuggets a couple times a year.

But to say someone is a food snob because they won't eat a McRib is pretty moronic
    Boom
  • I eat taco bell until my stomach hurts from all the pressure. Then I order more. 

Same thing on 50 cent sonic corn dog day. I always get 10 and an extra large extreme tots. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• I could eat the whole Taco Bell menu and still be hungry
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Ate one once. That is enough. They're disgusting. And I am no food snob, I will destroy a taco bell cheesy gordita crunch or three. I can get down on McDs nuggets a couple times a year.

But to say someone is a food snob because they won't eat a McRib is pretty moronic
    Not eating one doesn’t make you a food snob, it’s how some choose to express that.  

And a bit tongue in cheek.

sincerely

— the moron
  • Matt86m said:

That looks great, but is that cartilage that I see on the left?
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Have any of you ever tried a McRib? 
    Well... get on it son!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    SonVolt said:
    There's a lot of things I haven't tried that are absolutely in my best interest...  skydiving, gay sex*,  Russian roulette, hiring a hitman, the McRib...

*except for that one time in college 
    It only takes one time.. 

I had a McRib the other day, yes I was buzzed and yes it was delicious.  
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited November 2018

milesvdustin said:
    I eat taco bell until my stomach hurts from all the pressure. Then I order more. 

Same thing on 50 cent sonic corn dog day. I always get 10 and an extra large extreme tots. 

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    Well... get on it son!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    I was waiting on that one!
  • RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    I recently tried again and was not impressed.
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    edited November 2018
    I like McRib, after some of the stuff I've seen people cook on here, pineapple on pizza comes to mind, if that makes be a bad person please delete my account and tell me and I will never come back.

Get over it, its a fast food samich, that is what $3?.  What do you all expect? 
  • blasting
    lwrehm said:

...after some of the stuff I've seen people cook on here, pineapple on pizza comes to mind, if that makes be a bad person...

Disliking pineapple on a pizza does NOT make you a bad person.  It only means that you shouldn't be the one to choose the pizza toppings.  

Phoenix 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    blasting said:
    lwrehm said:

...after some of the stuff I've seen people cook on here, pineapple on pizza comes to mind, if that makes be a bad person...

Disliking pineapple on a pizza does NOT make you a bad person.  It only means that you shouldn't be the one to choose the pizza toppings.  

It means your not Italian!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • So I’m coming home In a good mood and thought about a McRib.  I stop into McD.  No McRib.  I have to use the locator. 

Perhaps its it’s a good thing that the nearest one is 90 miles away from Flint.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    I'm not sure why the McRib gets so much hate here.  I hate just about anything and everything from McDonalds.  It's all trash food.  But I would order a McRib over just about anything else on their menu.  Sure, a McRib doesn't compare to a real pulled pork sandwich, but their trash burgers don't compare to a real burger either.  So why don't their burgers get the hate that their McRib does?
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Hub said:
    I'm not sure why the McRib gets so much hate here.  I hate just about anything and everything from McDonalds.  It's all trash food.  But I would order a McRib over just about anything else on their menu.  Sure, a McRib doesn't compare to a real pulled pork sandwich, but their trash burgers don't compare to a real burger either.  So why don't their burgers get the hate that their McRib does?
    I’ve always hated McDonalds. I was probably the only kid in the 80s that wouldn’t eat that trash. 
  • RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    I would venture that most of the nice folks on here are particular about there cooking, especially say BBQ. I think we all own a kamado cooker of some type. Anyone can make a burger, but the time and passion we put into our BBQ in here means we would generally be more critical of other examples of pork. Maybe it’s the bonded whiskey talking.... ?
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • Hub said:
    Many people here don't order steak any more when they're out at restaurants, because they know exactly what it costs to make one, and they're pretty sure they could do it better themselves.  It's really not that hard to extrapolate to the sentiment expressed towards the McRib.  

Personally, IDGAF.  If you love the McRib, knock yourself out.  But if you're praising it on a BBQ forum and you're surprised by some of the pushback, well...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    blasting said:
    lwrehm said:

49.7% of people who eat pineapple on pizza are axe murderers. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blasting
    blasting said:
    lwrehm said:

49.7% of people who eat pineapple on pizza are axe murderers. 

That's on of Mike's better flicks, he's Canadian, Canadians love Hawaiian pizza - I suppose you're probably correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqycJpRdVaY

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    Heed...pants......now! Haha! It's been a while since I've thought about that scene. Classic. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA