Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    HeavyG said:
    An Amazon Echo replaced my alarm clock. Just have to make sure you specify AM or PM when you tell Alexa to set an alarm. Also like having "her" tell me the time rather than having to try and read a fuzzy, blurry clock without my reading glasses on. 
    Same here.  To be able to just say, "Alexa, set alarm for five a.m. tomorrow", and get a confirmation, without having to hold one button, push another, cycle thru 23 hours to set my alarm one hour earlier, overshoot, blah blah, is a godsend to me.  I still keep my old GE alarm clock next to it, for the time display (and will eventually replace both with a newer Alexa with a display).  

I get the creepiness factor of this device, but I live alone and the only time I vocalize is while screaming at the 6:00 news, I don't care if She hears me then.   :)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:
    @HeavyG surprised Alexa doesn't do a 24 hour clock...
    She might. I just assumed, incorrectly as it turned out, that when I went to bed at midnight and said to "set an alarm for seven thirty" she would be smart enough to understand AM was meant. When I woke up at 9:00AM I learned her IQ was not higher than mine (and I set a pretty low bar to begin with).
    You should post pics of your echo.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    A new alarm clock.  The current one is down to one working button.  Slow advance.  I hate all alarm clocks, but that basterd has seen its last days.  

Poundnotamormingperson

Alarm clocks are srill around? Thought cell phones took their place. 
    I get too much work related crap at all hours of the night.  I know there’s a do not disturb function.  Also, when I wake up thru the night I like to be able to see what time it is without Effin with picking up a phone.  

Oh, iPhone doesn't have always on display. Samsung has an always on function thst displays the time and date. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Legume said:
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:
    @HeavyG surprised Alexa doesn't do a 24 hour clock...
    She might. I just assumed, incorrectly as it turned out, that when I went to bed at midnight and said to "set an alarm for seven thirty" she would be smart enough to understand AM was meant. When I woke up at 9:00AM I learned her IQ was not higher than mine (and I set a pretty low bar to begin with).
    Naaah, it looks just like the other thousands of pork butts Echo's everyone has already seen.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Legume said:
    Hmmm, a recreation of that "naked bacon" shot, with an Echo (or, in my case, a Dot).....   :lol:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    @Botch it seems wrong to hit “like” so I’ll just say I appreciate and did laugh a bit.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    edited November 2018
    Today's purchase is a pig. In the new freezer. Looks like there's still a lot of space to fill up .........

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    It’s pissing rain here and I’m trying not to go to the tackle store at lunch. The struggle is real. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    It’s pissing rain here and I’m trying not to go to the tackle store at lunch. The struggle is real. 

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger

Those pics are hilarious 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Eoin said:
    Today's purchase is a pig. In the new freezer. Looks like there's still a lot of space to fill up .........

Did they not vacuum seal it? Looks like they just tied the cuts up in grocery bags.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    Tires for the wife’s car. Anyone replace the factory ones on an Outback? Perhaps with great satisfaction? Please share.

• DoubleEgger
    Tires for the wife’s car. Anyone replace the factory ones on an Outback? Perhaps with great satisfaction? Please share.
    It’s hard to beat a Michelin. 
  • northGAcock
    It’s hard to beat a Michelin. 
    Got a Michelin price for a set.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SonVolt said:
    Eoin said:

Did they not vacuum seal it? Looks like they just tied the cuts up in grocery bags.
    No, not vac sealed. Freezer bags.
  • SonVolt
    edited November 2018
    Eoin said:
    SonVolt said:
    Eoin said:

No, not vac sealed. Freezer bags.

With that much meat (and expense) I'd run out and get a vacuum sealer and rebag everything. I'd be worried about freezer burn before you eat your way through it. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    It’s pissing rain here 
    Here too. We have been under tornado warnings since last night.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    I am weak. I luckily got out fairly cheap 

Me too. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited November 2018
    New Muck boots for the annual hog slaughter tomorrow. 

Status- Standing by.

• stoker
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    stoker
    Cheater ;)

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Looks like you're real happy about those boots @SGH!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    Looks like you're real happy about those boots @SGH!
    These are about the only rubber boots that i can wear due to me neuropathy. I buy about 2 pair a year just in case they suddenly decide to quit making them. For rubber boots, they are extremely comfortable.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    SGH said:
    stoker
    Cheater ;)
    I say that purely in jest brother Tex. I have really been considering getting a controller for my Vault and doing the majority of the cooking on it for stress free cooking. Standing there baby sitting and shuffling wood around just ain’t as fun as it use to be.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:
    SGH said:
    stoker
    Cheater ;)
    I say that purely in jest brother Tex. I have really been considering getting a controller for my Vault and doing the majority of the cooking on it for stress free cooking. Standing there baby sitting and shuffling wood around just ain’t as fun as it use to be.  
    I was actually good-naturedly poking fun at the guy reviving all the zombie threads with stokers for sale. He wants one bad!

I have a Cyber Q somewhere but I haven't used it in a few years. 

I hear you on the stick-shuffling. If I can't get it done during the day, I'm either splitting the cook or using a BGE. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @SGH- I see overalls in the above pic.  Thought you were in a divestiture mode once settled in with the Gentleman Jack or is this too early??  ;)  Regardless, glad you are feeling better, enjoy the evening. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    lousubcap said:
    @SGH- I see overalls in the above pic.  Thought you were in a divestiture mode once settled in with the Gentleman Jack or is this too early??  ;)  Regardless, glad you are feeling better, enjoy the evening. 
    I had to put them back on. It has turned off pretty cool here tonight. Even made another liquor run =)

Im a sucker for package deals that contain the glasses. 

Status- Standing by.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    I had to put them back on. It has turned off pretty cool here tonight. Even made another liquor run =)

Im a sucker for package deals that contain the glasses. 

tis the season to stock up on new glassware =) been a rough year on the glasses
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    edited November 2018
    Thinking about picking up a 24qt stainless stock pot for all the turkey stock I'm going to be making this year. The 12qt was a little cramped last year. The 40qt I have is way too big. 

Ordered a solid copper flame tamer from Bella Copper. Should be arriving today. 

And this thing... for my wife's, uh,  back.