Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Pot pie
    Looks great!  Did you get any pics of the filling?
    Sorry, I didn't think to do that when we were prepping it last night.  It's a pretty simple filling, carrots, potatoes, chicken, and peas in a dressed up bechamel sauce.  But the pie crust is homemade - my MIL visited this weekend and made a batch to stick in the freezer.

That probably generates a whole topic of its own, but I'm curious as to what others think - Butter, Cristco, or Butter/Cristco combo for pie crusts?
    Refrigerated Crisco. It has to be cold. 
    I find that you don't get quite as deep of a flavor with Crisco, but the texture is phenomenal.  Definitely gets my vote.
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I shot a pumpkin at 750 yards.

What rifle/caliber you shooting brother? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    @Ross in Ventura hope you are well and the fires avoided you. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Wondering when Stacy Abrams will go away. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2018
    Options
    SGH said:
    SonVolt said:
    I shot a pumpkin at 750 yards.

What rifle/caliber you shooting brother? 

It was a custom rifle my brother built so I'm not sure of all the components. I think he said he had $7k in it including the Schmidt and Bender scope which was hands down the clearest scope I've ever looked through. Made my Leopold look like a Tasco.  Had a noise suppressor on it too, which made shooting it a pleasure.  The caliber was some hand-loader's gibberish I didn't recognize, but I think he said it was close to a 6.5 Creedmor. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Quite confused with the TV ads for "Black Friday" sales throughout the weekend, today and so on.  Anyone know the truth as I always thought "Black Friday" was the day after Thanksgiving, being Friday and all.  Somewhere I missed the audible. Thanks for any insights.  ;)
    Not that I really give a da-n but I have scored some good deals on what used to be the original "Black Friday."  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SonVolt
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Looking at the new forum logo image. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Looking at the new forum logo image. 
    #toosoon.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    the Schmidt and Bender scope which was hands down the clearest scope I've ever looked through. 
    S&B is about as good as it gets. However the price is steep. They are well beyond my reach for sure. But if money was no object, they would be on all my guns without question or doubt.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Perhaps a 6.5x47 Lapua
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just got back to my room and I'm about to crash. Bourbon please. Oh yeah, I brought some.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @SonVolt 6.8mm?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @DMW- definitely in the checked baggage crowd.  Enjoy the brown water wind-down. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @DMW- definitely in the checked baggage crowd.  Enjoy the brown water wind-down. 
    I don't have to fly to get to NYC...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    Options
    DMW said:
    lousubcap said:
    I would then guess you jump the train...no one drives in to mid-town unless there are no other work-arounds. Although guilty on a few vacation occasions and always an adventure. Enjoy.
  • DMW
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    DMW said:
    lousubcap said:
    I would then guess you jump the train...no one drives in to mid-town unless there are no other work-arounds. Although guilty on a few vacation occasions and always an adventure. Enjoy.
    Yep, drive to Secaucus and take the train in. I have never driven in Manhattan and have to plans to do so.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    City picks up leaves like that? They would have to be bagged or in a can at least here. 
    @dobie yeah it’s freaking awesome. They have this massive vacuum that comes by and sucks them up. 

I went through 50 bags last year and set them out. Then I saw the neighbors do this...I felt like a schmuck out there un-bagging them for pickup. 
    Way cool
    Jacksonville FL
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Dobie said:
    City picks up leaves like that? They would have to be bagged or in a can at least here. 
    @dobie yeah it’s freaking awesome. They have this massive vacuum that comes by and sucks them up. 

I went through 50 bags last year and set them out. Then I saw the neighbors do this...I felt like a schmuck out there un-bagging them for pickup. 
    Way cool
    This is how to take care of some leaves 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ycg0GESvQuA
  • SonVolt
    Options
    Perhaps a 6.5x47 Lapua

That’s it. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Dobie said:

Way cool
    This is how to take care of some leaves 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ycg0GESvQuA
    I’ve seen that before, not pulling that off with St Augustine grass down here but very slick. I got a small lot now thankfully. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Just left the dentist, 4 hours and 3 crowns later, my mouth is officially more expensive than my truck.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just left the dentist, 4 hours and 3 crowns later, my mouth is officially more expensive than my truck.
    Get a new truck, problem solved.
    I like your style. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Battleborn - I went thru around a 3 hour deal with a crown and one filling in one sitting a few years ago.  Guess what, after that jaw exercising deal I got hit with muscle spasms (aka lockjaw) on one side around a week later.  Recovery was a pain-hopefully you will be spared.  FWIW-
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    On call this week. Just spent 1.5 hours on a call. Good stuff.....now I need a drink 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SonVolt
    Options
    SGH said:
    SonVolt said:
    the Schmidt and Bender scope which was hands down the clearest scope I've ever looked through. 
    S&B is about as good as it gets. However the price is steep. They are well beyond my reach for sure. But if money was no object, they would be on all my guns without question or doubt.  

Here she is. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    lost all the leaves on the indoor fig tree, maybe time to put the heat on =)  seems early this year for the cold weather
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    We have a light dusting of snow here today in southern IL

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)