Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• CanadianAnvil
    Options
    sniemann said:
    CZ Shadow 2
    I've debated about one, but with being left handed I lean towards  ami  or converted to left..... I'very got my eye on a hkp30l  right now
    I have a vp9 that I love, it is crazy how accurate that thing is. Ergonomics and everything, it is so smooth. If the vp9 is that good, I can only imagine how sweet the p30 is.
    We have some rules and limitations  up here for firearms, things like pistol mags pinned at 10 and barrels longer than 4.25 or so.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    New toothbrush. Sonicare crapped out. Going to give an Oral B 7500 a try
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I have this. It’s great. You can go on amazon and sign up to get new brush heads really cheap too.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Replacement chromebook for the kid.  Has to hit up Costco after learning that the 2 year warranty my in-laws got at Best Buy isn’t really 2 years if you have to use it.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    Just got a Dillion xl650 I’m ready to do some hardcore reloading 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Nothing right now- but given a FedEx (packages landed correctly) double header of lamb ribs and SRF Black brisket the past couple of days, I need to cool the purchases.  That said, eatin' well down-stream.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    https://www.getquip.com/#getquip   I was looking at this one.  Any users?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    sniemann said:
    CZ Shadow 2
    I've debated about one, but with being left handed I lean towards  ami  or converted to left..... I'very got my eye on a hkp30l  right now
    Left handed here and got the P30 when it first came out. The paddle mag release works great for lefties. By far the most ergonomic pistol I own.

• BobDanger
    Options
    Just bought another new spinning reel...I can’t get enough.

Also couldn’t wait till Black Friday...got a small instapot.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options

Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @BigreenGreg Something to consider- If you like decent to quite good watches, once you acquire the high-ender then you will feel compelled to no longer buy any of the great but perhaps slightly less quality time-pieces.  You will become self-prisoned by that time-piece.  As long as you are good with that, then buy as many as you will enjoy.  FWIW-
    Edit:  I speak from personal experience as I am rolling into year 42 (yes, I'm old) with the same watch and it is a wind-up. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    edited November 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @BigreenGreg Something to consider- I you like decent to quite good watches, once you acquire the high-ender then you will feel compelled to no longer buy any of the great but perhaps slightly less quality time-pieces.  You will become self-prisoned by that time-piece.  As long as you are good with that, then buy as many as you will enjoy.  FWIW-
    It’s definitely a slippery slope. I bought a good friend a Tag years ago for helping me do a bunch of work around the house. He’s got 25 Tags and 6 Breitlings now. 
  • bucky925
    Options
    For 34 years I had to have a certain type of watch for work.  I believe 3 brands made the cut.  I also had to have it calibrated each year.  Since retirement I've not wore one, and I don't intend to the rest of my life.  =)

• lousubcap
    Options
    @bucky925 How do you know the day of the week/date these days or are you wired to your phone?? ;)
  • bucky925
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bucky925 How do you know the day of the week/date these days or are you wired to your phone?? ;)
    Big fat paper = Sunday....count forward or backwards from there.  rofl

• lousubcap
    Options
    @DoubleEgger did you have a special service on demand enhancement with that watch??  Very nice gesture but dang.
    I hope he is getting the remainder on the street corners of NYC-deep discounts right there.  ;)
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    edited November 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @DoubleEgger did you have a special service on demand enhancement with that watch??  Very nice gesture but dang.
    I hope he is getting the remainder on the street corners of NYC-deep discounts right there.  ;)
    Nah. He’s just a good friend who helped me out. His help was easily worth a basic $1500 Tag. No fakes for this guy. He’s done really well for himself and that’s his vice these days. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    A new alarm clock.  The current one is down to one working button.  Slow advance.  I hate all alarm clocks, but that basterd has seen its last days.  

Poundnotamormingperson
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    ALSo bought some Duluth trading boxers tonight. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    A new alarm clock.  The current one is down to one working button.  Slow advance.  I hate all alarm clocks, but that basterd has seen its last days.  

Poundnotamormingperson

Alarm clocks are srill around? Thought cell phones took their place. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Poundnotamormingperson

Don’t go stirring Bitterman up. He will go on a might about it. We need to just let it go. Prolly wasn’ digital either.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

Poundnotamormingperson

I get too much work related crap at all hours of the night.  I know there’s a do not disturb function.  Also, when I wake up thru the night I like to be able to see what time it is without Effin with picking up a phone.  
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    :Ihaveneverusedanalarmclock:
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options

Poundnotamormingperson

An Amazon Echo replaced my alarm clock. Just have to make sure you specify AM or PM when you tell Alexa to set an alarm. Also like having "her" tell me the time rather than having to try and read a fuzzy, blurry clock without my reading glasses on.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    @HeavyG surprised Alexa doesn't do a 24 hour clock...
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited November 2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Poundnotamormingperson

An Amazon Echo replaced my alarm clock. Just have to make sure you specify AM or PM when you tell Alexa to set an alarm. Also like having "her" tell me the time rather than having to try and read a fuzzy, blurry clock without my reading glasses on.

I'm glad that works for you @HeavyG, but that whole echo/alexa thing is incredibly creepy to me.  

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Poundnotamormingperson

Tried that.  I don’t like to speak to it when I wake up.  Also, too much noise from the box fan. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @HeavyG surprised Alexa doesn't do a 24 hour clock...
    She might. I just assumed, incorrectly as it turned out, that when I went to bed at midnight and said to "set an alarm for seven thirty" she would be smart enough to understand AM was meant. When I woke up at 9:00AM I learned her IQ was not higher than mine (and I set a pretty low bar to begin with).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk