Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who thinks using a controller is cheating?

Options
2»

Comments

• bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    Plugging in a BBQ is wrong.....very wrong. 

If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Just one question- how do you light your egg?
    Greensboro, NC
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

If you really want authentic, you ought to get into Francis Mallmann.  Or go the other way and get an automated pellet pooper.  It's all good.

My thought is, you do you.  

Phoenix 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I'd say it's cheating as much as your automatic transmission in your vehicle 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    No
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    #notcheating.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    Flameboss on overnight Brisket, it's not the $45.00 Cotsco brisket price, it's cooking meat for 12+ hours and fuc%$ing it up... Smart BBQing, not cheating.....
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Just one question- how do you light your egg?
    This.....and who's using a thermometer
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    If you are not raising your own animals or hunting them, you are cheating.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I light my fire by rubbing 2 sticks together to burn wood I chopped 12 months ago. Hauled the wood to the house in a horse drawn carriage that I built after mining the raw material to make steel and forging the hammer and nails used to hold the lumber together. While the pig I raised and slaughtered smokes in the smoke house, the Mrs. wants me to get the buckets I made and haul some water from the creek up to the house for her bath, but I just stopped in to say yer all a bunch of cheaters with your store bought cookers and your store bought lump, lighters, store bought tools, automobiles, running water from a faucet, electricity, bought clothes, shoes, and store bought groceries and meat. Quit cheating. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    If you are not raising your own animals or hunting them, you are cheating.
    Mayo.  It’s all about the mayo.
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    It’s not cheating, I am glad there is device that lets the women folk enjoy egging  :o=)

lol totally kidding, don’t think it’s cheating just don’t need it after learning how to use my egg but doesn’t mean I still don’t want one 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Nope. It’s not cheating. And neither are training wheels on a bicycle. Or the lane bumpers at the bowling alley. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I didn't know there were rules!

Johns Creek, Georgia