Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Anyone ever make the Tyler Florence Thanksgiving Sauce recipe?

It’s on ChefSteps: https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/thanksgiving-sauce-with-tyler-florence

It could never replace gravy, but I decided to give it a shot tonight:

Im very OT tonight, just SV sauce and mashed potatoes and a rotisserie bird on the gasser:
DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    I haven’t but his recipes never disappoint.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I've only tried a couple of his recipes, not this one though. Those I have tried were excellent!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Simcan
    Simcan Posts: 287
    I agree his recipes are great (I really like his bistro style short ribs, in particular). I am interested to hear how this one turns out because it doesn't look like much of a sauce, more of a soup.
    Toronto ON
  • My only advice is don't make the same mistake I did when I was 1st getting in to cooking and buy his sh!tty Kitchen knives. They look cool but are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever owned.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Simcan said:
    I agree his recipes are great (I really like his bistro style short ribs, in particular). I am interested to hear how this one turns out because it doesn't look like much of a sauce, more of a soup.
    Pictures or it didn't happen, right?  

Let's just say I was quite impressed - I wouldn't hesitate to make it again.  The sauce had an incredible flavor that I was hard pressed to believe was the sum of the products (all veggies).  With that being said, after processing it in the blender, I'd probably consider making a roux in a sauce pan and dumping in the puree so give it more viscosity.

It's on the menu for Thanksgiving for this year...as is traditional gravy.  I'll be having both.
  • My only advice is don't make the same mistake I did when I was 1st getting in to cooking and buy his sh!tty Kitchen knives. They look cool but are the biggest pieces of crap I've ever owned.
    Nothing to worry about there.  I have a full complement of Shun knives  =)
    Nothing to worry about there.  I have a full complement of Shun knives  =)

Ya, I'm working on my Wusthof Collection.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.