Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT —- “Sonic” Nugget Ice machine $100 off on Amazon *SWARM SWARM!!!* —- OT

Options
Greetings friends,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0751KDVTP

amazon has the Opal nugget ice machine on sale, $100 off, for $448 shipped. Get your CHEW on!!

.....         ..........

...ok - I’m just looking for someone to make me feel better for buying a freakin $450 counter top ice maker... anyone? ....

...aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahanyone????  :/

8-Damien
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Pass.  Looking at some of the reviews, looks like they, like refrigerator manufactures, have not figured out how to mak ice.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Greetings friends,

amazon has the Opal nugget ice machine on sale, $100 off, for $448 shipped. Get your CHEW on!!

.....         ..........

...ok - I’m just looking for someone to make me feel better for buying a freakin $450 counter top ice maker... anyone? ....

8-Damien
    I have one also. Same brand, different model. I barely even use it. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Sorry...meh.  Overpriced imho
    edit: then again I'm fortunate enough to get wholesale ref.equipment etc
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Damn everyone, that's not the "spend lots of money on all the toys" mindset I know and love from this group! Sheesh...

@MaskedMarvel if this thing fills a need in your life then that's awesome you got a good deal! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I was an early adopter and have zero regrets. Thing works like a champ and I love pellet ice. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @cazzy has one. Maybe he’ll chime in. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    Greetings friends,

.....         ..........

8-Damien
    I had this model, lasted 1 week. It started making some weird noises and then stopped working....
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    I’ll be getting the square trade five year on this...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I get my Sonic ice through their drive thru. No electricity, no drain required.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jeponline
    Options
    I got this over the summer for my wife.  She absolutely loves it, and I no longer have to drive to sonic a few times a week so she can have "good" ice.  Win win.
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I have one as well. It's not quite sonic ice but I do love it. Not sure what the complaints in the reviews are but it performs as advertised. 

I think $450 is the going rate these days. Home Depot has it for that price near me. 

I have a fancy Samsung fridge that can't make ice to save it's own arse. I'm $1000 into repairs on it and finally just gave up and got this in the @20stone house-to-condo fire sale. I have no complaints-really quite the opposite- I really like it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    It’s being delivered tomorrow. They just announced a new additional water reservoir that magnetized onto the side. Guess water refills are a pita. Gonna be fun to turn this sucker on!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It’s being delivered tomorrow. They just announced a new additional water reservoir that magnetized onto the side. Guess water refills are a pita. Gonna be fun to turn this sucker on!
    refills are not terrible but a side mount reservoir would be awesome. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    First time ups has delivered so late..

.... maybe a midnight setup...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MCRyan
    MCRyan Posts: 167
    Options
    I bit the bullet.  Actually, my wife suggested we make the purchase right after this post came up.  I think she was watching the price on Amazon.   I set it up last night.   Pretty bad a**.  The dang thing delivered in the box at around 45 lbs.  It’s heavier duty than I expected and does what it says it will do very well.   

One question to to those who have it: do you simply leave it running 24/7?
    XLBGE, SS table
    McKinney, TX.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    MCRyan said:
    I bit the bullet.  Actually, my wife suggested we make the purchase right after this post came up.  I think she was watching the price on Amazon.   I set it up last night.   Pretty bad a**.  The dang thing delivered in the box at around 45 lbs.  It’s heavier duty than I expected and does what it says it will do very well.   

One question to to those who have it: do you simply leave it running 24/7?
    When we want the ice yes.....it stays running for several days at a time.  Then it gets shut off and drained. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Amazon “apologizes” for the change in my delivery date. It’ll be here by Saturday. 

When i ordered it i called to get them to guarantee it would be here by Wednesday. Brandi’s birthday is Friday and I’ll be out of town. 

Im going to call them and let them have it. 

@MCRyan did you get the extended warranty?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MCRyan
    Options
    @MaskedMarvel no I did not extend the warranty.  With a one year out of the box I figured IF it was going to sh$!  the bed, it would happen in the first year.

That sucks about the delivery delay.  Things like that seem to only happen when I have a deadline/reason like a birthday to make it on time.  

FYI - she won’t be dissapointed.  It’s a quality item  ;)
    XLBGE, SS table
    McKinney, TX.
  • MCRyan
    Options
    One other thing...  after you cycle through a cleaning prior to making ice, water will flow (where ice would dump out) from the top into the reservoir as the machine starts working.  This is normal, but they don’t say anything about it in the instructions. It’s flowing as water because it’s “not ice yet”.  It stops running water once the unit gets cold enough to make ice.  With that, the unit is always “working to make ice” as the existing ice melts into the reservoir.   Pretty efficient.  

Also, it takes about 45 minutes after the initial start up to make ice.  After that, it really cranks it out.  
    XLBGE, SS table
    McKinney, TX.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Amazon says my delivery is “lost”
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    aaaaaaaand ups just delivered two (2) ice
    makers!

Large BGE and Medium BGE