Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Dishwashers

Options
2»

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

I don't know why we generate so many dirty dishes for two people, but we run a load almost every day.
    Also, we do an extraordinary amount of laundry for 2 as well. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Don't know about dishwashers, but Bosch windshield wiper blades are the best!!~~
  • baldeagle7007
    Options
    Jim

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

XL
    MiniMax
    MHP Gasser
    Thermoworks Smoke & Thermapen
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    55Kevy said:
    When we built our house we selected Miele based on experience of a friend who had one more than 20 years trouble-free.  Ours is only 3.5 yrs old but like the Bosch only the light lets you know it's running.
    We have a Miele as well.  Love it!
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Whatever you buy STAY AWAY from Electrolux. POS. 

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Miele here. It's down to experience for us, Miele have given us less trouble than other 'premium' brands that have never lasted. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I had a Miele dishwasher a number of years ago. I paid about $2000 for it.
    It was nothing but trouble.
    Service support was nonexistent, an alien spacecraft might as well have crashed in my kitchen.
    If you are lucky enough to live in a area that has significant market penetration of the Miele brand, your experience will likely be much better.

I have a higher end Bosch now that has the water softener built in. The softener goes a long way to ensure the dishes are clean.
  • MCRyan
    MCRyan Posts: 167
    Options
    Bosch seems to be the common theme here.  I was about to pull the trigger on one a couple months ago, but the drying style left me skeptical.  Glad to hear that people like it.   Our home’s original 12 year old buildergrade Whitlpool crapped out; which is why we had to buy a new one. It wasn’t drying at all and pissing me off.  Plus, it sounded like a freight train rolling through our kitchen when it ran.  Cleaned like crazy...  wet dishes when it was done.  

Having had high end units in the past, I didn’t want expensive or a lot on features we wouldn’t use.  We sterilize “almost clean” dishes to begin with.  We we went with a GE for around five or six hundred installed.  Heating element doesn’t have me drying anything now.  Seems bulletproof so far.  We love it!
    XLBGE, SS table
    McKinney, TX.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.  Dishwasher is leaking water.  Problem is, previous owner of house put hardwood laminate flooring in the kitchen and I can't get to the dishwasher "legs" to lower them so I can pull it out.  I'm pretty sure it's a bad waste line, but is going to be a chore to access.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I'm in the same boat.  Dishwasher is leaking water.  Problem is, previous owner of house put hardwood laminate flooring in the kitchen and I can't get to the dishwasher "legs" to lower them so I can pull it out.  I'm pretty sure it's a bad waste line, but is going to be a chore to access.
    That sucks. Nothing is ever easy at your place. You have my luck. 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I have a GE that won't open the soap compartment. Repair man says it's fine. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    The girls love how I load the dishwasher...

Never scrape a plate!

I can always get another dish in there!!

im a serious dishwasher loader. The dirtier going in, the better. The soap WORKS BETTER WITH DIRTY DISHES!!!

And silent. I heard a friend’s dishwasher going the other day and couldn’t believe they put up with that 

BOSCH, BABY!!!

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Bosch - very quiet -
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    We  have a kitchen AIDE that has lasted 18 yrs with no problem but we mostly just sink wash as we are only 2 people
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston