Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Since i have been broke cheap meat time it is.

Options
golfguyjosh
golfguyjosh Posts: 196
Just another pork butt. Debating on to wrap or not to wrap? 
Jacksonville, FL

Comments

• golfguyjosh
    Options
    I still have my bbq sauce from the last cook. Then dobbie are we wrapping this one or not? 
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Unless you are in a hurry or your bark is getting too dark I say let it ride to the end as is. It’s looking damn good. 
    Snellville, GA

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I've never wrapped a butt. So I vote no. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Beats me, but I'm cooking a butt tomorrow and I'm gonna try Malcolm Reed's butcher paper method. Never wrapped before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8yRj1RS5rA

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• golfguyjosh
    Options
    I am not in a hurry...... I mean it will be a great snack at like 3am lol. I will let it ride for the bark. I have always wrapped.. Normally it is 14 hours. I am at hour 10 right now. 
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Wrapping pork is only for a faster finish IMO, so if you have time don’t but looks like you have a ways to go. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • golfguyjosh
    Options
    She is 190 over a few spots. Should be no more than 3hrs til she is finished 
    Jacksonville, FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I am not in a hurry...... I mean it will be a great snack at like 3am lol. I will let it ride for the bark. I have always wrapped.. Normally it is 14 hours. I am at hour 10 right now. 
    This is why you shouldn’t wrap. Try something new. 
  • golfguyjosh
    Options
    This is why you shouldn’t wrap. Try something new. 
    True. I wont wrap till i put her in the cooler to rest. Going to be a amazing breakfast lol
    Jacksonville, FL