Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Egghead-Meeting Story

Options
Now that we've pretty much gotten settled into our new hometown, we needed to find a good dentist. Spring Hen found one she thought was interesting. She went first and I tagged along just so I could at least meet the person who might be sticking his hand in my mouth. 

Turns out I'm glad I went. Not only is he an accomplished dentist with a very likable staff and office. And like pretty much all of our medical needs, only 11 minutes from home. 

But he is also an avid Egghead who has loved cooking on his large Egg for 5 years. And he has even visited this forum on occasion. Enough to actually know who Spring Hen and Spring Chicken are. 

He was very excited to meet us in person and introduced us to his staff as 'Rock Stars' of the Big Green Egg community. We blushed at that introduction and even at the follow-up comment that he really wants to spend time talking to us about the Egg. 

By then he had another patient to attend to but we did let him know that this forum and others are there to help make Egging a fun EGGsperience. We shared the forum names and site address', along with the Big Green Egg BBQers forum on Facebook. We will also share other sites as time goes on. 

He has already posted how excited he is about having us as Egghead friends. And he even watched the new Coop video. Loved it and noticed that the guy who built it was a long time friend of his.  Here's the video link if you're interested. https://youtu.be/5gMLZFXiTbk

Small world. And getting smaller as we meet more and more people here who are Eggheads and have never heard of 'forums' or 'eggfests' or 'Naked Whiz' or 'Dizzy Pig' or know other Eggheads. 

This new adventure is going to be fun, for sure. 

And a couple of hours later we took one of our patio chairs to Outdoor Living Center, a very well stocked store for patio furniture and accessories. That are also a Big Green Egg dealer. The chair is old but the base seemed loose. They said to bring it in and they would take a look at it even though we bought it in Texas more than a decade ago. 

Well, not only did they 'look' at it, but they fixed it. No charge. How about that for service? They said they figured we would be back to purchase something in the future. We will, and we've already referred others to them since our arrival in Covington a year and a half ago (hard to believe it has been that long). 

We absolutely love this community and the people here. Everyone is so nice and accommodating that we first thought they must be after something. Far from it, and it appears that just being nice is contagious. It's such a wonderful way to live. 

The term 'Small World' sure takes on a new meaning here. 

So if you see a post from "Rocky St Pierre" make him welcome. And if you need a dentist in the area, he's the guy to go see. 

And most certainly, if you need some patio furniture or BGE supplies, check out Outdoor Living Center. 

Printemps "Rock Star In A Small Town" Poulet 
aka Spring Chicken 
aka Hey you 
Covington Louisiana USA

Comments