Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgating Assistance Needed

Options
kersh13
kersh13 Posts: 23
Planning on preparing enough smoked meat to feed around 10 hungry Dawgs next weekend in Jax. for the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. A few questions;

I'm planning on smoking a butt on the egg Thursday night before heading down Friday morning. I will have access to an oven Saturday morning and my question is this - how should I transport the goods both prior to reheating and afterward for Saturday's festivities? 

I'd also like to supplement the pulled pork with some other variety of smoked goodness. Any other suggestions/recommendations on something I could prep that reheats well?

Thanks! 
Large Egg circa '06 model.

Athens, GA

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Big smoked bologna?
  • kersh13
    kersh13 Posts: 23
    Options
    Legume said:
    Big smoked bologna?
    Out of all the unhealthy cuisine I fill my diet with, this has never been one of them. 
    Large Egg circa '06 model.

Athens, GA

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I would vac seal and hot water bath the pulled pork to reheat. 

Monk balls for an app is good, maybe a smoked brie with some jelly poured on top 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I would avoid the bacon wrapped stuff if reheating. Maybe a dip or mac and cheese type thing??? We did a buffalo chicken dip last week. Easy least and a hit. There are all kinds of dips and such out there. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Give pulled beef a look, either Baltimore Pit beef or Pepper Stout Beef.  Same vein as pulled pork but a totally different sensory experience.  Search function for the win.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Where do we meet?

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I did something for a tailgate group that was super easy to prepare and reheat.
    If you have access to Costco, get a package of their pre cooked chicken, and a pan of their mac and cheese.
    -Remove the chicken from the sealed bag and chop into smaller pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
    -Add the contents of the mac and cheese to the bowl and mix thoroughly adding garlic and onion powder, or your favorite rub for chicken.
    -Place in appropriate sized disposable aluminum cooking pan greased for easy servig, add 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar and bake as directed on label of mac and cheese.
    -Rewarm as needed, and serve with sriracha sauce for your friends to add as much as they like.
    We like to serve with whites and rosés.
    It does not suck.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    I will preface my comments below with 3 points... #1 ....before the game- if u notice an English bulldog strutting around wearing a gator bandana- he is a direct descendant of UGA 5- ironically named "Gator" because he has been raised right. 
    #2 .... Absent Tebow showing up, I regretably think the dawgs will prevail.
    #3 ...place complete trust in Yukon ron's suggestions...
    GO GATORS!
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !