Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Craigslist posting today

Saw this on Craigslist in Louisville, KY this morning in case anyone is interested.

https://louisville.craigslist.org/for/6725425622.html

Large & Small Big Green Eggs - $1500 (Louisville) 

make / manufacturer: Big Green Egg 

I am selling my large & small BGE's & custom made table for $1,500. Includes deflectors for both. Additional grates & Kick Ash baskets included. This must be picked up in Louisville, KY.
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.

Comments

• Photo Egg
      Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
      Seems a little steep for two used eggs. 
      Agree, Eggfest Large BGE with warranty in this area is under $800.
      The extras are included if it were something you were going to buy anyway.
      Thank you,
      Darian

Galveston Texas
    • theyolksonyou
      theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
      Is @YukonRon getting out of egg business?
    • Jai-Bo
      Jai-Bo Posts: 584
      Not much "custom" to that table...  Sorta looks like the cedar one I built but I wouldn't consider mine "custom"...  hahaha...  might be worth about 1100-1200
      Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
    • GATraveller
      GATraveller Posts: 8,207
      $500 worth of Egg's and $1000 for the table?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
      Peachtree Corners, GA
    • Somebody should notify the seller that they need an air gap under the small egg.  :)

East TN- Large BGE, Cyber Q, Kick-Ash-Basket, Smokeware Cap, Anova Sous Vide, Pizza Stones

#BBN

• YukonRon
      YukonRon Posts: 16,983
      Is @YukonRon getting out of egg business?
      Not yet. I need to hang around and bug you my good friend. Always.
      "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
      Louisville, Kentucky
    • bubbajack
      bubbajack Posts: 1,082
      Not much under retail..........

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Smoker317
      Smoker317 Posts: 238
      I bet he is expecting to be low balled on Craigslist.  I swear, people treat Craigslist like a rummage sale and come in with an offer 75% below what is listed.  LOL.  With that price, I would be one of those people and low ball him starting at $800 cash and just have fifties in my pocket.  Someone will take that setup home for $950-to $1100 cash if they can pay on the spot and have the means to immediately transport.
      Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
      Smobot
      Living near Indy
      36" Blackstone
    • odie91
      odie91 Posts: 541
      If the small is sitting on stone, why would it need an air gap?  Are you thinking the stones at the bottom will get hot enough to char the table?
    • Photo Egg
      Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
      odie91 said:
      If the small is sitting on stone, why would it need an air gap?  Are you thinking the stones at the bottom will get hot enough to char the table?
      In theory, many think the air gap also helps the bottom of the Egg cool as well.
      But the majority of Eggs that crack are sitting in well vented nests.
      Or he is making a joke. Who knows.

Thank you,
      Darian

Galveston Texas
    • NPHuskerFL
      NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
      Seems a little steep for two used eggs. 
      Nope. Whatever the market will bear.  The eggs and table are free but, the KAB are $1,500.
      Keep in mind most people aren't as savvy on used egg purchases as folks on this forum. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
      Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
      Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
    • @NPHuskerFL good point.  Most people probably think of it as $800 for a LBGE $600 for a Small and $800-1000 for a table.  When you look at it like that it’s not a bad deal.  
      1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
    • stlcharcoal
      stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
      edited October 2018
      odie91 said:
      The stone is a conductor not and insulator, and yes it will char the table and even light it on fire.  Its not probably that much of a threat on the small sitting on three stones, but a large on a single stone, very dangerous.  Look back through the archives.  It doesn't light off while you're cooking, it's a few hours later.

A couple floor tiles to make an air gap between the egg and the stone is all you need to stop the transfer of heat.
    • DoubleEgger
      DoubleEgger Posts: 17,099
      odie91 said:
      Yes