Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - The Golf

Options
Eoin
Eoin Posts: 4,304
Just to say, well done to us. That's us (Europe) not the US. Top job boys.

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Congrats- dominating performance and fun to watch. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Congrats. A lot of piss poor play on the US side. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Definitely a first-class a$$ whipping delivered.  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • EggbertGreenII
    Options
    Don't know what Furyk was thinking when he selected Mickelson for the team. As it turned out, guess it didn't make much difference as no one else on the team played well either. I agree with Lou, it was a real butt-kicking by the Euros.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • DoubleEgger
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Definitely helped the Europeans that the course is a regular tour stop for them. A lot of local knowledge is required to play a course like that. Justin Thomas was the only one who came over to play in the tour event in late June. The Quicken Loans tournament on the PGA Tour was the same week so it wasn’t anything important. He was one of the few Americans to play well. 
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Mighty Tiger has struck OUT!!!~~~
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Rascal said:
    He was used too much given his back and extended tour schedule. He was also paired with a couple of real turds. 
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Rascal said:
    He was used too much given his back and extended tour schedule. He was also paired with a couple of real turds. 
    Somewhat true, but this still warrants an FBI investigation!!
  • GATraveller
    Options
    We were taken behind the wood shed today boys.  Maybe we'll show up next year. Congrats to a solid victory! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    We were taken behind the wood shed today boys.  Maybe we'll show up next year. Congrats to a solid victory! 
    If we do show up next year it will be pretty unproductive...
    "Hey...where is everybody?" :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Automatic win tho..right?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    HeavyG said:
    Automatic win tho..right?
    I'm not 100% convinced of that.
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Much of the issue for the Americans is that nobody wants to play with Patrick Reed and that creates a ripple effect. Plus, the U.S. has too many long-hitting crooked drivers to do well on that course. Kudos to the Euros! It's hard to dislike the great majority of those guys.
    Stillwater, MN
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Worst since 2006. Congrats to the holders of the Cup.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    It is a fun event to watch, but the Euros put a man size beat down this year.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Much of the issue for the Americans is that nobody wants to play with Patrick Reed and that creates a ripple effect. Plus, the U.S. has too many long-hitting crooked drivers to do well on that course. Kudos to the Euros! It's hard to dislike the great majority of those guys.
    Just read up on Reed, not really a team player it seems.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options
    Reed never has been a “liked” guy. This has occurred since college, and isn’t limited to the Tour. He extends his behavior to his immediate family as well
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    I woulda liked to have seen Reed paired with Bubba - coupla real d-bags.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    In my opinion, Fowler and Finau should have never been left out of a match.  Tiger shouldn't have played in the foursome matches either.  That would have left  him fresh for his Sunday Match.  Really questionable pairings all weekend long.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    Reed is really making it hard for fans and other players to want to be around him.  Not only is he an arrogant SOB, his wife is apparently worse and she was caught smack talking over the weekend too.  Bottom line is nobody wants to play with him, Tiger took him under his wing at hazeltine so they paired them together here in Paris.

Tigers record is awful in this event, phil's is worse and this course was not setup for the bombers to play.  

Blame pairings, blame the course, etc etc.  The US did not play good at all.  In fact Reeds round with tiger on Saturday was an 85 or something like that.    

I'd bet money that whistling straits is going to be setup as a bombers course and for scoring, similar to hazeltine, to give the US a chance again. 

(Side note I was at hazeltine for Friday and Saturday rounds and it was an incredible atmosphere.  if you ever get the chance to see a ryder cup, do it.)  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    If I were Spieth, I wouldn’t want to play with trash like Reed either. Reed’s wife is just as obnoxious. 

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2018/3/19/17137914/patrick-reed-ruling-dispute-arnold-palmer-invitational-2018
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    I normally don't put too much emphasis on what the captain does or doesn't do, but Furyk deserves some of the criticism here. Wasting a captains pick on Mickelson was bad, but using him in alternate shot rather than the four ball just made no sense at all. Let him make his birdies or whatever in four ball, but why would you ever use someone so inconsistent in alternate shot, where you know some poor bastard is going to get stuck playing his horrendous drives.
    Stillwater, MN