Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• RiverBBQ
    Options
    Let’s try them fried in coconut oil.. even better.
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Wow, I’ve got to make it out there. I’ve also heard that Copper Canyon in Mexico is awesome - especially the ziplining 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Grand Canyon is pretty cool. 
    It is a place of natural beauty for sure.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @RiverBBQ I’m usually not a proponent of warm avocado but that looks pretty tasty. 

Ive had the best luck frying with ghee or clarified butter on Keto. Give it a whirl. Makes food taste “traditional” as opposed to that unique coconut oil flavor. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    There is a place in town that serves a great fried avocado, or so I’ve heard.  Need to tryout.  
  • RiverBBQ
    Options
    Actually wife hates avocado but this she loved. Avocado flavor gone, texture still soft. Time to experiment, dashed with Tabasco while warm. Pretty good. Not a lot of the coconut oil flavor. Think for game day I’ll wrap with bacon, couldn’t hurt
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit you instigated it :rofl:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    When I got home this afternoon, someone had left me what appeared to be a German chocolate cake on my front doorstep.

1.  Nobody in Utard knows that German chocolate cake is my favorite,
    2.  I have no secret admirers here,
    3.  Its not my birthday nor any other known milestone,
    4.  And, sadly, the magpies got to it before I did:

This is sad, and puzzling.  :confused: 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Botch said:
    When I got home this afternoon, someone had left me what appeared to be a German chocolate cake on my front doorstep.

Thing about “secret admirers” is they tend to be secret. Lol
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Botch said:

You do have a secret admirer. They do know you like German chocolate cake. They were bringing you that cake to congratulate you on your learning you'll be able to retire sooner than you thought.

Apparently tho, they got nervous as they approached your door and panicked and dropped the cake and ran off.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Okay- a pedestrian cook but needed after 18 days of "vacation" in the UK.
    13 lb post-trim SRF black- finished in 9.5 hrs at around 270*F on the calibrated (yesterday) dome.
    Just what the doctor ordered.  Sent around 4 lbs home with the neighbors who watched the cats (3) for the duration.  Most appreciative.  Life is whole again  =)
    That is one awesome banquet Cap!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    13 lb post-trim SRF black- finished in 9.5 hrs at around 270*F on the calibrated (yesterday) dome.
    Just what the doctor ordered.  Sent around 4 lbs home with the neighbors who watched the cats (3) for the duration.  Most appreciative.  Life is whole again  =)
    You are me spirit animal skipper. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    @Acn how was that box? I saw one the other day and was trying to see if I would use it enough to justify it 
    @Killit_and_Grillit - It turned out really well.  Everyone there really enjoyed it and was really impressed, and these were my father in law’s family, all from Eastern NC and have been cooking whole hogs for the last 60ish years.  We’re already planning for some trial runs to do multiple turkeys for the large family gathering at Thanksgiving.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Post GC meal for re- fuel....rib eye, potatoes and some green sh!t the ol' lady made me have. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    DMW said:
    Trying to stay up for SNL.
    I can remember in the mid '70's when we were out partying on Saturday, we would find a TV at 11:30 (harder then than now) to watch SNL.  It was actually cutting edge back then, or I'm just old now...rofl

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Scallops, chorizo and pineapple.  Scallops were meh, but the chorizo/pineapple combo rocked!

Signal Mountain, TN
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Where did you visit @lousubcap?
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Sitting here appreciating the irony of recommending a dental for a pet while looking at the owner and realizing literally half his own teeth are missing
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Scheduling a time to go pee in a cup for Uncle Sam.  Fun!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    looking up squirrel poisons, most say they dont eat the poisons.  lost maybe 2 dozen reds and greys, similar amount of chipmunks, and either an oversized crow or one of the smaller ravens in the yard this weekend. its either poison or someone was on the property shooting them all. had three ravens, the smaller was cadbury, his call was similar to the cadbury rabbit. only found the bird, the rest just disappeared 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I wonder how many thousands of gallons of urine Uncle Sam has collected over the years. It's gotta be an impressive number. I know I've given a few.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I wonder how many thousands of gallons of urine Uncle Sam has collected over the years. It's gotta be an impressive number. I know I've given a few.
    I’m actually pretty annoyed because I’d done this awhile ago, but the government is so friggin slow these days that the two month window elapsed.  So now I have to go again (pun intended).
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike