Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For Sale BGE Chiminea

Options

Comments

• Retro
    Retro Posts: 88
    Options
    DMW said:
    You know, if there is one thing @Retro has accomplished, it is that he has brought together various factions of the Eggheadforum. And for that, I thank him.
    I don't want or need your thanks.
    I want your money.
    Back up your bullsh*t and make a bet boy.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Where is Nola when we need him??

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Are we sure this ISN'T Nola???
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Are we sure this ISN'T Nola???
    I just thought that.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Retro
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Being retired I occasionally forget what day of the week it is and I had to check a calendar to make sure this wasn't Friday.

OP is my new hero. Gotta love a bloke that says this right at the top:

"As a side note I don't post much on here as the Forum has changed WAY too much from the original BGE Forum I was a very active member of years ago. I don't like the direction the banter takes as compared to the old forum that seemed filled with friends."

And then jumps right in with both feet and starts slinging mud every which way (for 4 pages worth of posts!).

And I also stated.
    ''I have read thru a couple of Chiminea threads on here and not interested in ridicule or tire kickers.''
    So HeavyG are you a tire kicker? Ridicule from people I have no interest in really doesn't concern me. 

• Retro
    Options
    Good night EggHeads.
    You all let me know if you are interested in the chiminea OR the bet.
    I'm guessing the bet is way beyond accepting because your mouths over rode your common sense.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Retro said:
    Good night EggHeads.
    I'm guessing the bet is way beyond accepting because your mouths over rode your common sense.

Good night, sleep well.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Retro said:
    Good night EggHeads.

My common sense tells me to avoid a**holes like you!!  =)
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Wait, wait. 

I’ll take the bet. 

@DMW will hold the money in escrow. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Retro
    Options
    Durangler said:
    Retro said:
    Good night EggHeads.

My common sense tells me to avoid a**holes like you!!  =)
    But your mouth over rides your common sense doesn't it.

• Durangler
    Options
    @Retro
    Nope... not at all.
  • Durangler
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sweet dreams Retro... Good luck... you need it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Retro said:
    HeavyG said:

Being retired I occasionally forget what day of the week it is and I had to check a calendar to make sure this wasn't Friday.

OP is my new hero. Gotta love a bloke that says this right at the top:

"As a side note I don't post much on here as the Forum has changed WAY too much from the original BGE Forum I was a very active member of years ago. I don't like the direction the banter takes as compared to the old forum that seemed filled with friends."

And then jumps right in with both feet and starts slinging mud every which way (for 4 pages worth of posts!).

And I also stated.
    ''I have read thru a couple of Chiminea threads on here and not interested in ridicule or tire kickers.''
    So HeavyG are you a tire kicker? Ridicule from people I have no interest in really doesn't concern me. 

Tire kicker implies I have at least even the slightest interest in buying a chiminea. In actuality, I have zero interest in owning a BGE chiminea at any price (even $0).

And honestly, I wasn't trying to ridicule you; just the opposite. Like I said, you're my new hero!

Cheers!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I missed this one last night.  
    Great read during a Monday morning breakfast.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Yup, @Sea2Ski, one of the better starts to the week I've had in quite a while.  I think I need to stay up later....
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Retro
    Options
    This really used to be a much friendlier place.
    There are still some good folks on here. 
    Been in touch with quite a few through PM.
    The internet is full of bad asses and wannabe comedians whose attitudes are fueled by their online buddies.
    And--there are always folks out there who can spend YOUR money better than you can. Generally these folks live with mommy and don't have the money to spend. 
    I believe there is a pretty good chance the chiminea is sold--we'l have to wait and see if it is a legit buyer. In any case I'm good to sell it or keep it.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Retro said:
    This really used to be a much friendlier place.
    There are still some good folks on here. 
    Been in touch with quite a few through PM.
    The internet is full of bad asses and wannabe comedians whose attitudes are fueled by their online buddies.
    And--there are always folks out there who can spend YOUR money better than you can. Generally these folks live with mommy and don't have the money to spend. 
    I believe there is a pretty good chance the chiminea is sold--we'l have to wait and see if it is a legit buyer. In any case I'm good to sell it or keep it.

Stick it out here.  It’s a good place, I know.  You seem like a pretty good guy, not the ahole like everyone says.  I hope you sell your unboxed chiminea.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Lol, dude wants to bet 5k like a badass because he ruffled some feathers here and now is calling people out because they wont take him up on this very serious, legitimate bet. 

Gimme a break dude, this is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Retro
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Lol, dts to bet 5k like a badass because he ruffled some feathers here and now is calling people out because they wont take him up on this very serious, legitimate bet. 

Gimme a break dude, this is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen 
    Another attempt at a two step by an internet bad an internet bada** by Miles.
    You and your buds call me a liar and I offer to let you make some money by proving it. Step up and chip in together so it won't be too painful for you and accept the bet.
    OR go on yakking to try to cover you bulls*t.
    Pony up boy.
    Hell if you want to get serious lets make it $10K. It should be worth your risk to prove you are right and not just talking. Come on boy take the bet and impress your buds. Hell--after I take your money I will ship you the Chiminea as a booby prize just because I'm a nice guy.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I bet that @milesvdustin would bet you a hundie that you don't have it.  If you don't and you are a liar, then you owe him the hundie.  If you are correct and, in fact, do have it, @milesvdustin gets it for said hundie. 

Deal or no deal?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I agree to @thetrim terms of the deal

You gonna take the bet? 

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Also, where did I two step? You are being ridiculous

• Kitarkus
    Options
    Retro...I sent you a private message.  I'm really interested in the chimnea and I live in KC.  You may feel free to call me at the phone number left within the private message.  

P.S.  I haven't posted in awhile but I read through the posts here.  Posters:  WOW how far we have fallen.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Kitarkus said:

P.S.  I haven't posted in awhile but I read through the posts here.  Posters:  WOW how far we have fallen.
    @Kitarkus I hope you get to buy that at a fair price.  Just recognize, Retro has never really posted here except to sell his chimineas.  One or two other comments on other posts, but he’s only here to sell his Chimineas, which, this isn’t meant to be a marketplace, per the rules.  He liked the old forum better, cool, it’s still there, sell your chimineas there instead of deliberately stirring the pot here.  He was fishing for a big reaction from the start of the thread.  Advertising, I suppose.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I spent way too much time on the can reading this thread this morning. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Legume said:
    Kitarkus said:

@Kitarkus I hope you get to buy that at a fair price.  Just recognize, Retro has never really posted here except to sell his chimineas.  One or two other comments on other posts, but he’s only here to sell his Chimineas, which, this isn’t meant to be a marketplace, per the rules.  He liked the old forum better, cool, it’s still there, sell your chimineas there instead of deliberately stirring the pot here.  He was fishing for a big reaction from the start of the thread.  Advertising, I suppose.
    This thread is so ridiculous that I can’t help but think that a Quad City guido has something to do with it. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Kitarkus said:

This thread is so ridiculous that I can’t help but think that a Quad City guido has something to do with it. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Retro said:

stv8r said:
    umm yeah...I believe you lol.   Go somewhere else asshat
    YOU are the reason I specifically was very clear in my original post. I could care less what you believe or don't believe as your opinion/comment means less than nothing to me. Your ''asshat'' comment? LMBO I could get into a verbal joust with you but if that is the best you can do you would end up looking like an idiot.
    If you want to place a gentleman bid PM me--if not go find another thread to troll where you MIGHT be able to initimmidate someone. 
    Schooled
    New Albany, Ohio