Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Went out for sushi.  Went to the grocery next door and separated from the wife.  Found her in the snack aisle.  She says, “ I’m intrigued by deez nuts!”

so we bought them all. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    edited September 2018
    Just made an executive decision while the wife’s out of town. Moved all the spices in the house out in the open. Found some in the cabinet best by 2006! The plan is to dwindle this pile down in the next 12 months...
    Your spices, and especially your herbs, that go back that far aren't worth "using up" on real food, they're mostly dust.  Open the jar, and take a good wiff; if you can't smell anything, toss.  Whole spices, like coriander and peppercorns, may be okay, and hopefully someone here has a better feel on how long they can last, unground, before they lose their potency (I go thru black pepper fast enough its never been a problem, but I have some whole coriander up there that I have no idea if its any good (also can't remember what the hell I bought it for in the first place!)).  
    I've gotten into the habit of marking the year/month on any bottle of spice I buy (in fact I keep a Sharpie in the spice cabinet dedicated to that task) and will toss/replace herbs at the one-year point.  If the jar is still almost full, I'll re-evaluate whether I even need to stock that item (you have a MUCH larger collection than I do!)  FWIW....

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited September 2018
    Putting my feet up after this..

Prime ribeye caps reverse seared, asparagus coated with Dizzy Pig IPA, king crab legs warmed in foil with a butter/lemon/dizzy pig tsunami bath.. the lemons were from our trees too.  

The ribeye caps wheels were super good. 
  • Sitting in a parking lot waiting to pick up my kids after football game. Be nice when they can haul themselves around
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • RiverBBQ said:
    Sitting in a parking lot waiting to pick up my kids after football game. Be nice when they can haul themselves around
    Don’t wish it away!
  • Botch said:
    Just made an executive decision while the wife’s out of town. Moved all the spices in the house out in the open. Found some in the cabinet best by 2006! The plan is to dwindle this pile down in the next 12 months...
    Your spices, and especially your herbs, that go back that far aren't worth "using up" on real food, they're mostly dust.  Open the jar, and take a good wiff; if you can't smell anything, toss.  Whole spices, like coriander and peppercorns, may be okay, and hopefully someone here has a better feel on how long they can last, unground, before they lose their potency (I go thru black pepper fast enough its never been a problem, but I have some whole coriander up there that I have no idea if its any good (also can't remember what the hell I bought it for in the first place!)).  
    I've gotten into the habit of marking the year/month on any bottle of spice I buy (in fact I keep a Sharpie in the spice cabinet dedicated to that task) and will toss/replace herbs at the one-year point.  If the jar is still almost full, I'll re-evaluate whether I even need to stock that item (you have a MUCH larger collection than I do!)  FWIW....
    I got rid of all the old stuff. Some had never been opened and some had probably been used only once and then landed in the back of the cabinet. Most of the items in the pic are pretty new and i hope to do better in getting some use out of them. I am NOT buying anything else!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    I just ate entirely too much ice cream. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Just did something that I have never done. Went and watched a play. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Your evolution into a full blown Metrosexual continues... :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Headed to Little Rock, AR next week with work in Mountain Home and Mena. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch said:
    Make some corned beef with that coriander. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • About to board a flight to Cancun.  Hurry up already. There are drinks to be had. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • About to board a flight to Cancun.  Hurry up already. There are drinks to be had. 
    And drug cartels to avoid

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    About to board a flight to Cancun.  Hurry up already. There are drinks to be had. 
    And drug cartels to avoid
    And murders too 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    SGH said:
    Just did something that I have never done. Went and watched a play. 

Culture.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    12 hours ago I was doing this. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636

We we did a rip on Eggs Florentine for pizza night. Sautéed spinach, mushroom, jalapeño, bell pepper, bacon, and an egg. 
    Beautiful.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Someone is getting new bands, gasket, and nest w handler this weekend. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    chuckling at this...

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Grilled a couple of quartered chickens.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    JethroVA said:
    chuckling at this...

Hoping you are getting some good rest in spite of any martial superpowers. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    So Nebraska is really good at football this year. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    A couple weeks ago I sat down to a perfect steak and, two bites in, a lower bridge came loose.  I couldn't chew on the other side of my mouth as I was having a tooth replaced.  Wrapped the rest of the steak in foil and threw it in the freezer.
    Today, I made a salad and thawed out that steak, steamed it in foil for 10 minutes, and choked it down.  The flavor was fine, but it gave up what little juice it still had and was pretty dry and chewy (should've poured the juice into an a jús dish, for dipping).  
    I'll go for a steak smoothie next time (and hopefully there won't be a next time).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Smoking an SRF brisket on the BGE and prepping some ribs for the Roccbox later today.  We have a brew and Q event we auctioned off to help raise money for the local public elementary school.  I handle the Q while another team brings a brewing station on site to make beer that is delivered to the auction winners later on.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I am watching tiger dominate the **** out of everyone 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)