Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ordered some upgrades for my med egg and have a couple questions

Options
Got the CGS bug today and ordered a few upgrades for my ~15 year old egg.  I’m planning to get an XL egg after the holidays, but reading all the threads and comments about the KAB and Smokeware cap, I couldn’t resist the itch to get them for the med. 

My fire grate is cracked in half, so I upgraded to the KAB.  I have the old style firebox and fire ring.  Has anyone had any fitment issues with this setup?

The DFMT works well, but being in the Houston area, we get small rain showers almost daily, so I decided to try the Smokeware cap.  The CGS site mentions that the cap could be a bit loose on the med, since the ID of the cap is 5.5”.  I measured the OD of my top vent (chimney?) at 5.25”.  I’m wondering if the gasket will make up the gap?  I’ve read several posts and couldn’t find anyone really complaining about the cap fittment on the med, so I figured I’d give it a go.  I’ve also read a few posts about putting the gasket on the egg vs putting it on the inside of the cap.  Can anyone comment on where to put the gasket and why?

Thanks for y’alls input.  =)
Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s

Comments