Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Draining Cash - Thanks CGS!

Cornholio
Cornholio Posts: 1,047
I think I’ve gone overboard lately at CGS, almost $400 this past month or so alone.  Guess I am making up for not adding these things to my arsenal sooner.  Anyways, thanks CGS for not only burning a hole in my pocket but giving my wife an excuse to go buy herself some things as revenge.  

Started with the AR combo last month then I realized I NEED the extender and both an oval and D grate with that, I also NEED a KAB and then saw I could add on the lump divider so there’s that, the drip pan was just too pretty looking to pass up and who can resist Dizzy Pig rubs on sale?  I did remove the Grillgrates from my basket so I avoided going totally nuts today. 

•  1 x 16 Inch Round Stainless Drip Pan for $14.99 each 
  •  1 x Large Adjustable Rig Extender/Grid Bundle - Large BGE - 16" Sliding D and 13" x 17" Oval Stainless Grid with Large Rig Extender for $89.99 each 
  •  1 x Large Big Green EGG, Primo Kamado, Grill Dome Stainless Kick Ash Basket by Kick Ash - KAB-LG-SS - Plus Divider KAB-DL & Free Lump Rake for $112.98 each 
  •  1 x Dizzy Pig Molé™ for $7.50 each 
  •  1 x Dizzy Pig IPA for $6.50 each 

Subtotal : $231.96 USD

•  1 x Large Adjustable Rig R&B Combo - Large BGE - Large Adjustable Rig w/ Pair Crossbars - 13x17 Oval Ceramic Stone - 13x17 Oval Stainless Grid - Large Slide Guide w/ Crossbar for $153.82 each 

Subtotal : $153.82 USD

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831

We told you.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    Its even worse when you actually visit the store in person. 
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Relax, you’ll spend over $1000 there before long. Then spending another $200 for your second or third adjustable rig won’t make you feel as bad. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited August 2018

Grillgrates work great with CGS stuff.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Next hill to climb- SRF and the top-shelf proteins.  Or the second BGE. 
    You may get a bit of a pass if you get in front of the spending curve and just go high-end with SWMBO followed closely by the next big purchase ( may be a freezer??).
    Nice accumulation of gear.  This place will suck your wallet/CC dry and the BGE toys are but a part of the overall exposure to things "I've just gotta have."
    Above all, have fun and realize you are not the lone ranger in this regard. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Cornholio
    Haha, grillgrates will be on the next order but decided to spread it out.  Freezer is on our radar as well but the kids still don’t eat enough to warrant one just yet.  Next brisket will most likely be SRF.  

Luckily this his hobby is not nearly as expensive as mountain biking, I’ve already racked up well over $15k in bike stuff the past few years.  Sticker shock went out the window for me awhile ago with hobby toys.  

Glad and to give CGS my business in the end, great stuff! 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    You might as well go back and get the spider, 13" stone and wok.  =)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I bought my egg 9 years ago. Shortly after that, I received a Spider as a (requested) gift. Don't know what I was thinking as I STILL haven't found a use for it. Other than that, I have managed all these years without spending a dime at CGS. Great stuff by all accounts, but I just have no need for anything they sell. How anyone could manage to drop $400 is beyond me! The only thing on your list that I could conceivably use is a drip pan and those are a dime a dozen locally.

OTOH, I have been considering a Woo lately. Don't need one, but thinking it's one small way of stiffing BGE for stealing Tom's creations. Maybe a SS grid too, just for a little added spite. Mine is the old porcelain coated OEM that's starting to rust.

As for SRF... hahahahahahahaha! That will never happen. No meat is worth what they charge. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    love the extender.  do you have the spider?  if not, you need to buy one of those, too! you'll be able to make like a million chicken wings at once, which is kind of the whole goal of life, right?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Cornholio
    blind99 said:
    love the extender.  do you have the spider?  if not, you need to buy one of those, too! you'll be able to make like a million chicken wings at once, which is kind of the whole goal of life, right?
    Spider and wok will be next!  I sock cash away here and there for this stuff.  

While spending $400 in a month seems silly to some it’s not something I bat an eye at.  Life is too short to not go all in on my hobbies.  I save my cheapness for other things.   
  • lousubcap
    @Scantron- Great move to go vertical as that is my pitch whenever I am in the local BGE store, casually selling product/gear as an unbiased customer.  ;)
    However, from my perspective, going down the stick burner road (or taking the stick burner exit) has a whole lot more to do with the process/flavor profile/required level of attention than mere rig cooking volume. 
    For me the stick burner attraction was , "I wanna experience this and appreciate the level of commitment to run the rig and produce the groceries." 
    If that's where you want to progress then go for it.  But the level of time and effort commitment is at least an order of magnitude or more more than the BGE.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    I bought my egg 9 years ago. Shortly after that, I received a Spider as a (requested) gift. Don't know what I was thinking as I STILL haven't found a use for it. Other than that, I have managed all these years without spending a dime at CGS. Great stuff by all accounts, but I just have no need for anything they sell. How anyone could manage to drop $400 is beyond me! The only thing on your list that I could conceivably use is a drip pan and those are a dime a dozen locally.

OTOH, I have been considering a Woo lately. Don't need one, but thinking it's one small way of stiffing BGE for stealing Tom's creations. Maybe a SS grid too, just for a little added spite. Mine is the old porcelain coated OEM that's starting to rust.

As for SRF... hahahahahahahaha! That will never happen. No meat is worth what they charge. 
    You've never had their gold grade ribeye cap, have you?
    NOLA
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    @Killit_and_Grillit Love the picture man. I totally get it. (Nature Boy)

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited August 2018
    tjv said:

Thanks for considering our accessories. I get where you are coming from.  Everyone has a level, your's.... keep it simple.  But even with that, you'll never buy SRF, but my hunch is you're not buying standard grade steaks either. 

Ceramic Grill Store sits in a unique position in that our customer sample size is truly all the USA (last week include Israel, this week include Bermuda in the sample size). Since we are not brand specific, our sample size includes virtually every ceramic grill manufacturer too. We hear it all - the good, bad and ugly about everything ceramic. The market definitely has some concerns with competition, from both inside and out. 

Generally, when it comes to customer needs, the common questions are two: need help and/or more area. 

On help, new egg owners buy one because they know someone who owns one and think it's as easy as their gas grill.  They find it's a little more technical and for some reason, can't figure it out.  

On space, folks find the large egg gets small about half a season out from purchase.  They got the hang of using it and now start cooking for extended family and friends.  Cooks get harder as grilling area is now in short supply because it's more food.

With both, the customer simply doesn't have the ability to grow. We hear it all the time, my local dealer doesn't really cook on one and can't help me. Try this sometime, stop in your local dealer and start asking the staff who owns an egg. Most, other than the owner or manager of the grilling department will more than likely say no, but hey, everybody wants one. So, if you haven't cooked on it, how can you truly help.

When I started making accessories, there was no xl. For accessories, it was the platesetter and that flimsy flip grid. That was it. I all did when starting was fix my needs....come to find out I was not alone. Times have certainly changed, and since day one, all we tried to do is move things forward in our small way.

t    

Tom, I sent you a PM. I have a buddy that is possibly wanting to stop by tomorrow and pick up a Grill from you. Does he just need to ask for you?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2018

Tom, I sent you a PM. I have a buddy that is possibly wanting to stop by tomorrow and pick up a Grill from you. Does he just need to ask for you?

@TEXASBGE2018, sure have him ask for me. I'll be around tomorrow, Saturday.  

Just fyi, I'm on the dead list around here when it comes to receiving messages through this forum.  Haven't received them for a long time.  Wonder if I'm on the dead list for sending too.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • 714egghead
    714egghead Posts: 111
    @tom just wish the prices for the XLBGE where a little closer to the ones of the LBGE.
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    @tjv thanks for the products you supply.  I just ordered a PSwoo extender kit this week from you.  Looking forward to having more area to cook on the LBGE.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • Carolina Q
    Order placed! PSWoo, SS Grid, PSWoo platform... even a silicone basting brush. Looking forward to it!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Order placed! PSWoo, SS Grid, PSWoo platform... even a silicone basting brush. Looking forward to it!
    Can’t wait to see the cooks. 
  • lousubcap
    Now that is going "all in after all these years."  You will wonder why you waited. 
  • Order placed! PSWoo, SS Grid, PSWoo platform... even a silicone basting brush. Looking forward to it!
    Congrats on what will prove to be a great purchase. 
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Carolina Q
    WOW!! I placed my CGS order at about 1:45PM, got a confirmation email at 1:46PM and a notice of shipment at 2:40PM. Thank you, Tom! That's impressive! @tjv

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lousubcap
    @Carolina Q  - no doubt being a very long time lurker helped as he figured he had to "strike while the CC was hot."  ;)
  • Cornholio
    WOW!! I placed my CGS order at about 1:45PM, got a confirmation email at 1:46PM and a notice of shipment at 2:40PM. Thank you, Tom! That's impressive! @tjv
    Same with my order yesterday, got my shipping confirmation a half hour after my order was confirmed.  Impressive indeed.

My gas grill is turning out to be a nice accessory/storage rack.  B)

• Cornholio
    Just came home to some goodies..