Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,900
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Watching it rain enough to drown the mighty worms of Dune(the original, not the sucky remake)

No need for a Stillsuit where you are!!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    This was my view when drinking beer in the shed w rain, thunder, and lighting all around. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,184
    Options
    thetrim said:
    This was my view when drinking beer in the shed w rain, thunder, and lighting all around. 

Drinking in solitude is great way to spend an afternoon.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,044
    Options
    MJG said:
    DMB here as well. 10 years since LeRoi passed. Greatest sax man of the modern day IMHO. Jeff Coffin has skill but no where the soul this man had in his craft. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeRoi_Moore
    That was a tough and tragic loss. I can't believe its been 10 years already. You can add Tim, Ross, and Coffin but you won't get the magic that DMB once created. Boyd hasn't contributed much since LeRoi passed. Now he's long gone. I hated the new album what just came out. I had to remind myself that this isn't the same band from 10-15 years ago. With that said I've really come to enjoy and appreciate the new album. I've listened to the album a few dozen times now. Good stuff.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Just watched 11 Javelina walk through my front yard ...

So the in-laws left? 11 in-laws is a lot at one time. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    That was a tough and tragic loss. I can't believe its been 10 years already. You can add Tim, Ross, and Coffin but you won't get the magic that DMB once created. Boyd hasn't contributed much since LeRoi passed. Now he's long gone. I hated the new album what just came out. I had to remind myself that this isn't the same band from 10-15 years ago. With that said I've really come to enjoy and appreciate the new album. I've listened to the album a few dozen times now. Good stuff.
    I can’t stand Tim. Great technical guitarist but he detracts from the vibe IMHO. It took me a while, but I really love the new album. Was just listening to DMB Live Trax 30, Nantucket, MA from 1993. Pure. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    chops.  on griddle.  new plates.
    Options
    removed old ac.  some water damage to repair.  my helper didn't care.
    Options
    Wanna fight? Bring it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Scored in a HF clearance.   all this stuff was under $240.  I was looking to buy two 5hp compressor pumps, I have all the controls and motors.  just need a tank and will have about 30 cfm @ 90 psi.  for shop in gretna
    Options
    Pressure washed the PR-72T this afternoon, It was grungy, sure needed it. After washing, my boys (14 and 8) helped towel dry it. And then we moved it to the garage and set up a fan.

Heading out tomorrow morning at o'dark thirty for work, get back Thursday night. Friday afternoon I'm towing it to my buddy's church to grill burgers for their "Guy's Night Out".  
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options

Never herd of them.  Look like a type of boar or wild pig or warthog. Can/do you eat them?  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,184
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

Never herd of them.  Look like a type of boar or wild pig or warthog. Can/do you eat them?  
     They are peccarys, native to the Americas (old world pigs).  They are not related to wild boars or pigs which came from Europe (new world pigs).

They can be eaten, and I have. They key is when skinning to avoid their musk glands.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

They are peccarys, native to the Americas (old world pigs).  They are not related to wild boars or pigs which came from Europe (new world pigs).

They can be eaten, and I have. They key is when skinning to avoid their musk glands.

You win.....My wildlife photo.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

Don't you have wild dogs?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,047
    Options
    Checking out the place my hosts in Israel are putting me up for a couple of nights:

http://www.villacarmel.co.il/en/

It looks very nice, but I'm not sure what to make of this "European scent"...  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

It sounds like maybe you've learned that lesson the hard way.  And I don't think I want to hear anything more about that, really.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,823
    Options
    Checking out the place my hosts in Israel are putting me up for a couple of nights:

nice way to say its not  a nonsmoking suite
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Sea2Ski said:

They would have to make there way outside in the hot humid weather. Apparently they have it made these days living a life of leisure.

• northGAcock
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Thug Life Baby! 

That’s about right.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,634
    Options

maybe they meant style?  or taste? even if they meant scent, it would be hard to know who they're trying to appeal to - people coming from somewhere that really smells bad?

I noticed the hotel manager's name is Shitrit, so, you've got that going for you.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Day off...cooking for the week...cleaning up after the little humans

Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:

maybe they meant style?  or taste? even if they meant scent, it would be hard to know who they're trying to appeal to - people coming from somewhere that really smells bad?

I noticed the hotel manager's name is Shitrit, so, you've got that going for you.

I was joking - I’m sure it’s meant to be style - it’s probably just a translation error.  Although Shitrit is perhaps a cause for concern.  Not as much as that Thai manager I had once whose name was Phokew.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,634
    Options
    wondering if the guys in the banner photo are toasting with 'shine