Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Regulator

Options
I've seen a new regulator on a youtube video under the title of "Big Green Egg New Accessories 2018" - I would like to purchase the new regulator, however I can't find any additional information - does anyone know about availability?
Thanks!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Stenz said:
    I've seen a new regulator on a youtube video under the title of "Big Green Egg New Accessories 2018" - I would like to purchase the new regulator, however I can't find any additional information - does anyone know about availability?
    Thanks!

Are you asking about the daisy wheel/top vent? The use of “regulator” side stepped me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ChrisSonn23
    ChrisSonn23 Posts: 280
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I believe he is talking about this

It says NEW TO COME on our most recent price list. They will come standard on all new Eggs. Also has a rain umbrella to protect it from rain. No price was given on the new price list
    BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    SGH said:
    Stenz said:
    Thanks!

Are you asking about the daisy wheel/top vent? The use of “regulator” side stepped me. 
    Me too, Scottie. OTOH it doesn't surprise me that whoever changed the name of a plate setter to coneggavator probably also changed the name of daisy to regulator. HOWEVER the word regulator is more commonly associated with gas grills.  
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,764
    Options
    its an  rEGGulator.  they should of made a shiney stainless one
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Scantron
    Scantron Posts: 93
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I dropped and broke my ceramic chimney cap. I'd love to upgrade to one of these instead of replacing. The daisy wheel doesn't seem to snuff the fire as quickly. 
    Cooking on a Large Big Green Egg in North Chicagoland.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Daisy wheel? I thought it was dual function metal top? Come on people. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I've never heard of an egg "regulator". But if these guys are right and it's a renamed DFMT, it doesn't matter to me. I haven't used mine in months!

I thought they were gonna fire the nitwit who renamed the Platesetter. Apparently the new guy is better. Regulator is better than DFMT!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    The Regulator

Signal Mountain, TN
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Ask Richard Bachman
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    At least they haven’t ripped off Smokeware yet .....
    Jacksonville FL
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Dobie said:
    At least they haven’t ripped off Smokeware yet .....
    Give 'em time. With BGE, "innovation" doesn't happen overnight.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Ask Richard Bachman
    Have to use a mini-egg to perform the seance. 

Little Rock, AR

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I’m disappointed. I thought we were going to talk about boats like this 41 Regulator 

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a discussion about SCUBA equipment.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.