Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the consensus?

Options
td66snrf
td66snrf Posts: 1,822
Do you think I could substitute parchment paper for butcher paper on a low and slow? 
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Do you think I could substitute parchment paper for butcher paper on a low and slow? 
    Try it out and let us know.  :)

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be okay to try. 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    This is a great question.  I have no idea.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I haven't , but seen it done
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I use it all the time for Brisket.  Parchment works great.
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I think it would work okay but isn’t it more expensive?
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    XC242 said:
    I think it would work okay but isn’t it more expensive?
    It may be, but I have it in the pantry already. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    I bake with parchment at 400 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes daily. You could reuse the sheets if you had to. It’ll hold up. 
  • kaybee
    kaybee Posts: 120
    Options
    I use parchment paper all the time. True butchers paper is really hard to find where I am and parchment paper from CostCo is a quarter the price even if I do find it.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    The Ceramic Grill Store sells butcher paper and cheap. Couple different option too. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    six_egg said:
    The Ceramic Grill Store sells butcher paper and cheap. Couple different option too. 
    thanks for the plug.  we should have 24" x 150' rolls in a week or so. Georgia Pacific USA paper - pink, FDA and 40 lb. Folks found the 250 and 500 foot rolls too long. We don't recommend 18 wide, 24 much better.

Georgia Pacific makes the best butcher in the US. Some get butcher paper from Canada which can be, at times, problematic. Sorry my Canadian friends! If the paper doesn't say Georgia Pacific product, I'd roll to the next supplier......just easier that way.

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Scantron
    Scantron Posts: 93
    Options
    tjv said:
    six_egg said:
    thanks for the plug.  we should have 24" x 150' rolls in a week or so. Georgia Pacific USA paper - pink, FDA and 40 lb. Folks found the 250 and 500 foot rolls too long. We don't recommend 18 wide, 24 much better.

Georgia Pacific makes the best butcher in the US. Some get butcher paper from Canada which can be, at times, problematic. Sorry my Canadian friends! If the paper doesn't say Georgia Pacific product, I'd roll to the next supplier......just easier that way.

Thanks for the tip!  I'll definitely add to my next CGS order.  
    Cooking on a Large Big Green Egg in North Chicagoland.