Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Parker Variant

Options
GlennM
GlennM Posts: 1,365
edited July 2018 in Off Topic
To keep this relevant, I was thinking about getting a better shave while I was searing off a couple of steaks on the BGE.  A shoutout to @SGH for his help, the variant arrived and I used it for the first time today on the lowest setting.  Yes, the steaks were outstanding, but, the shave was great!!  I rinsed and felt something was wrong, I realize now that I need more stuff, prehave?, aftershave?  The must be some helpful suggestions to make this the complete experience?
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Pre shave oil or at least a good prep to soften the hair up. Think hot towels and such, or shave right after a shower 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    I haven't shaved since 1981, I think.  

Hated shaving.  Every vacation I'd go without shaving, and one time I had a 2 week vacation, and after not shaving for 2 weeks, I figured I'd just let it go and see if I liked having a beard.  Yep, turns out that I do.  :)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @GlennM
    Instead of preshave oil give this a try. It’s much cheaper. 

The Cremo posted above does not lather. Simply wet your face and wipe this on in place of preshave oil. You can lather right over the Cremo if you so desire or you can just shave with just the Cremo. 
    I like to superlather (combine soap & cream). As such, I use the Cremo in place of preshave oil and lather right over the top of it. 
    6 ounces of Cremo cost 5-6 bucks. 1 ounce of preshave oil cost 15-25 bucks. Huge difference. And I give you my word the Cremo is as slick as any preshave oil out there. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    And congratulations on the Variant. A great razor.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I feel there is  need for something post shave to leave a nice cool or tingling feeling?  I will try the Cremo - thanks @SGH for taking me down this road. I only used the number 2 setting so far and the result exceeds any disposable I have used.
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario