Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dollar Shave Club

Options
2»

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    DE safety razor fan here. Merkur HD, decent brush, and currently using proraso (sp?)

better shave, cheaper, better for skin, and less waste

rare in life do you get win-win-win
    Boom
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DE safety razor fan here. Merkur HD, decent brush, and currently using proraso (sp?)

better shave, cheaper, better for skin, and less waste

rare in life do you get win-win-win
    If you are a fan of commercial soaps, give Tabac a try sometime. Proraso is a great soap as well, Tabac is just another great commercial option. Most folks that like Proraso like Tabac and vice versa.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Why aren’t you making your own soap @SGH? Farm to Face... 
  • SGH
    Options
    Why aren’t you making your own soap @SGH? Farm to Face... 
    Just don’t have the time to fool with it. If I’m ever lucky enough to retire I might fool with it on a real small scale. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I have a gillette ss silvertip from the 50’s and a rooney 1/1 in super. Various soaps. A shavette from dovo. 

Used to have about 20 de and straights. 

I also now have a beard

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SGH
    Options
    I have a gillette ss silvertip from the 50’s and a rooney 1/1 in super. Various soaps. A shavette from dovo. 

Used to have about 20 de and straights. 
    I like all of the above. 

I also now have a beard
    Not this though. 

Status- Standing by.

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Ill be shaving it off soon enough. My wife digs it. 

• SGH
    Options
    Ill be shaving it off soon enough.
    For this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    Just tried a Merkur Futur.  A few nicks but otherwise much much nicer than the Mach whatever.  Closer than the electric and Mach.  So many options on the creams and things.  
    Near San Francisco in California
  • SGH
    Options
    baychilla said:
    Just tried a Merkur Futur.  A few nicks but otherwise much much nicer than the Mach whatever.  Closer than the electric and Mach.  So many options on the creams and things.  
    Until you get use to it set it on its lowest setting and work your way up in time. The Futur is one of the best adjustables on the market. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    baychilla said:
    Until you get use to it set it on its lowest setting and work your way up in time. The Futur is one of the best adjustables on the market. 
    I have a face beard. Still shaving my neck and cheeks. Gonna keep up with this until my next face to face customer meeting. At this rate, I won't have to clean up right until August 2nd. It is a freeing experience, I recommend y'all give it a go.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I had a futur and it was nice. As mentioned, go slow and dont try to adjust it with wet hands. I speak from experience

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    @milesvdustin - "Had" - you didn't like it?
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • SGH
    Options
    1voyager said:
    @milesvdustin - "Had" - you didn't like it?
    Some people don’t like it due to its size and weight. It’s a large and heavy razor. But this is a good thing if you have big hands and a broad face. 

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Somewhere on the internet there is a shaving forum where half the members are sick of meat pics and the other half are ordering smokers.
  • SGH
    Options
    Legume said:
    Somewhere on the internet there is a shaving forum where half the members are sick of meat pics and the other half are ordering smokers.
    I have to agree. I would be furious if someone ruined a great shaving post with food pics  =)

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    SGH said:
    Legume said:
    I have to agree. I would be furious if someone ruined a great shaving post with food pics  =)