Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    FedEx just left a parcel right on the little bench beside my front door just like they always do.

#livingthecharmedlife
    What’s in that package? I’m hoping it’s the Muhle R41. 
    Sorry. Just a few cans of...

&

Gotta keep things glossy and curly!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    HeavyG said:
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    FedEx just left a parcel right on the little bench beside my front door just like they always do.

#livingthecharmedlife

&

Hey, at least it’s related to shaving products =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    HeavyG said:
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:

#livingthecharmedlife

&

I didn’t like stachebomb too much it was too soft and would melt out fade after just a couple of hours in like spring heat.  I tossed it before summer came around I knew it wouldn’t hold up to summer in the desert.  
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Roughing it at the beach with cheekin and what else but cone on my old, broke down Webber. 

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    beard and stache products are the inverse of shaving products
    Technically, wouldn’t this be true if they grew hair rather than shaped?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    edited July 2018
    They are all just different approaches to dealing with hirsuteness.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2018
    Thanking God for my life because I was within 30 feet of a major car crash about 2 hrs ago. I almost had to pull the lady out through her windshield but somehow she got out almost unscathed. It’s cliche but seat belts save lives.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    bgebrent said:
    Planked some Sockeye in between shaves.  
    For the great shave my friend. 

For the great grub. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331
    Configuring smart-bulbs
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331
    Thinking I'm good on maple for a while! Crazy part is there were 7 kids (3 of mine) playing pickle ball just underneath it. One of my girls heard it pop and yelled to the others to run. By Grace alone they all made it. Not a hint of breeze....nothing.

Wow! Scary stuff. Glad all are OK 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    bgebrent said:
    Planked some Sockeye in between shaves.  Cilantro-lime butter (with garlic & honey) finish.

Dat plate!  That looks sooooo good.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• nolaegghead
    Jeremiah said:
    Company meeting had an open bar. That’s like putting out nachos and salsa at a Mexican restaurant. 
    Hopefully, HR wasn't called.
    Jeremiah said:
    Company meeting had an open bar. That’s like putting out nachos and salsa at a Mexican restaurant. 
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    Jeremiah said:
    I’ve had some great times sh!tfaced with coworkers. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Jeremiah said:
    Have you ever worked in sales?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    It's like making a roux, one small burned coworker can spoil the whole thing.
    I've seen these pits sit idle in a empty parking lot for 5+ years. I've always wondered who owned them and what they were used for.  I just found out the owner opened up a restaurant. He's only open on Saturdays this summer from 10am - 2pm and or until food runs out. Probably not a big deal for you southern folk. This is a big deal for me. (Minnesota) I'm excited. Nice to see real Q being done right. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    DMW said:
    Jeremiah said:
    For a couple days...
  • DMW
    DMW said:
    Jeremiah said:
    For a couple days...
    Yep, you get it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Jeremiah said:
    Yeah. The owner’s dad was there. Tomorrow I’m either getting a new store or just fired. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @YukonRon - as you note, you are always the parent.  We never think it will be one of us or ours that end up in such tragic situations.  You and Suzy helped facilitate a very difficult decision in your daughter's life.  Tough to deal with at the time but everyone persevered.
    Now this immediate tragedy is terrible for all involved as you so well note.  I can't imagine the emotions across the spectrum.  
    Thanks for putting this out here for all to digest.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    YukonRon said:
    I wish there was an easier way to share this with my folks on this forum, but there is no way.
    First, I will say this, I love our daughter and I am so very proud of her.
    As many of you know, and for those that do not, I effin hated her ex fiancee, of which she eventually broke off their engagement. It was a brutal decision for her, and I have been doing the happy dance since that night.
    Long story, and I will keep it short. He was careless, dangerous, and totally self centered.
    Today he was arrested for a hit and run, which killed a very young woman.
    This is why you are a parent, this is why you have to step in, to keep this from happening to your children.
    Our daughter is struggling, My Beautiful Wife is heartbroken.
    I can't imagine what the deceased's family is feeling now, nor can I imagine what his family is going through. They are good people and devout to their faith.
    I am so proud of my daughter for listening to me, I am so glad she made up her own mind. We were lucky. Very lucky.
    It is ok to interfere. We are parents. We do our job.
    Wow. Plenty of mixed emotions, I’m sure. It’s extremely sad for the young woman who has lost her life and for her family. Sometimes we parent by letting our children figure it out but sometimes we just have to tell them like it is and hope they make the right choices. Glad your daughter listened to a voice of reason. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • DMW
    YukonRon said:
    I wish there was an easier way to share this with my folks on this forum, but there is no way.
    As many of you know, and for those that do not, I effin hated her ex fiancee, of which she eventually broke off their engagement. It was a brutal decision for her, and I have been doing the happy dance since that night.
    Long story, and I will keep it short. He was careless, dangerous, and totally self centered.
    This is why you are a parent, this is why you have to step in, to keep this from happening to your children.
    I can't imagine what the deceased's family is feeling now, nor can I imagine what his family is going through. They are good people and devout to their faith.
    I am so proud of my daughter for listening to me, I am so glad she made up her own mind. We were lucky. Very lucky.
    Ron, I have nothing to say, out of words as it were. Just virtual hugs from a few hundred miles away.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    YukonRon said:
    How heartbreaking. Crazy how life works. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA