Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I posted some useful intel on knife-cleaning on JIC's wall.  Thought I'd share in case anyone was interested.

edited July 2018
    Options
    I posted some useful intel on knife-cleaning on JIC's wall.  Thought I'd share in case anyone was interested.

I’m about to post some useful intel on cleaning the Muhle R41 on yours and Ron’s wall. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:

I’m about to post some useful intel on cleaning the Muhle R41 on yours and Ron’s wall. 
    How do you post on two walls at the same time? Just asking because I'd like to up-level my troll game.

Oh, and I really need to go to bed. I have a call at 11 or something...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Watching the all star game and occasionally looking out the window to watch the neighborhood bunnies peacefully frolicking in the yard.  
    I can fix that for you.....
    Ron....in order to achieve sharp shooting, you must have been somewhat inconvenienced by sobriety. Maddie is available for your convenience and entertainment. Just let me know.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @DoubleEgger in TN there are specific nuisance critters that can be trapped and/or eradicated year around if you don’t intend on using their pelt or Meat. I’m sure KY has similar (albeit unusual commonwealth) laws. 
    I think Kentucky has exceptions for necrophiliacs into beastiality 
    What does this really mean?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    WIT and WIZ.   Farking good.  
    I know there are better spots, but this is the first time I’ve had my whole family along for the ride.  
    Reading terminal tomorrow and Dalessandro‘s Thursday. 
    Dude, you're in my backyard. GET OFF MY LAWN!!! Seriously though, enjoy your visit to the City of Brotherly Love. How long are you in town?
    We are in Philly until Thursday then off to HarrisBurg for a family get together.  We fly out Sunday. I really wanna do the Blue Ball to Intercourse to Paradise tour. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    thetrim said:
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    WIT and WIZ.   Farking good.  
    I know there are better spots, but this is the first time I’ve had my whole family along for the ride.  
    Reading terminal tomorrow and Dalessandro‘s Thursday. 
    Dude, you're in my backyard. GET OFF MY LAWN!!! Seriously though, enjoy your visit to the City of Brotherly Love. How long are you in town?
    We are in Philly until Thursday then off to HarrisBurg for a family get together.  We fly out Sunday. I really wanna do the Blue Ball to Intercourse to Paradise tour. 
    Careful there @thetrim, get lost and all you see is Bird in Hand on the way to Harrisburg. You bringing back any scrapple??
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @SamIAm2 i wish I had a feeezer to hold 100lbs of that stuff
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Getting ready to put up a bushel of Silver Queen. An annual event at the beach...

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @DoubleEgger in TN there are specific nuisance critters that can be trapped and/or eradicated year around if you don’t intend on using their pelt or Meat. I’m sure KY has similar (albeit unusual commonwealth) laws. 
    I think Kentucky has exceptions for necrophiliacs into beastiality 
    What does this really mean?
    Translation:

Georgia Tech grads have a vivid, yet perverse, imagination, when drinking alone in the garage. 

To be fair, the last person that tried to marry an animal was a man from Georgia, wishing to wed a donkey. Fortunately, the donkey was alive.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
     After entering raffle drawing from SRF,  it looks like I won a complimentary email every... single... day, the gift that keeps on giving
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Getting ready to put up a bushel of Silver Queen. An annual event at the beach...

local stand just put up the sign today, looks like the weekend cook as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    50 cents a ear here.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
     After entering raffle drawing from SRF,  it looks like I won a complimentary email every... single... day, the gift that keeps on giving
    No kidding. I entered with two email addresses that forward to my main address. I get two every day now. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Feeling like I should have left a tip for my USPS person today and really hoping that I get home before SWMBO sees all these packages sitting at the door
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    50 cents a ear here.
    10 for $2 bucks here.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    No kidding. I entered with two email addresses that forward to my main address. I get two every day now. 

Yup same here. I unsubscribed from them today. That kinda marketing tactic will keep me from ever purchasing anything from them.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    jeffwit said:

Yup same here. I unsubscribed from them today. That kinda marketing tactic will keep me from ever purchasing anything from them.
    Yup, unsubscribed here too
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    50 cents a ear here.
    10 for $2 bucks here.

Wanna run corn? Meet you halfway  B)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    They were just picked this morning. In fact I saw the crew in the back unloading the truck full of corn when I picked mine up this am. A bushel here is 5 doz. $15 for the bushel so that’s what, .25 per ear? Took a handful and peeled the shucks back, silked them and then re-wrapped with the shucks. They’re soaking in a cooler of cold water now; they’ll be on the grill later tonight. 

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    jeffwit said:

Ashley had an egg contest over the fourth as well.  I was blinded by the lure of a free egg.  Never again.
    Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    50 cents a ear here.
    10 for $2 bucks here.

Wanna run corn? Meet you halfway  B)
    I can let you know when one of my corn mules will be passing thru your area.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Did you mean the Muhle R41?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    Options
    FedEx just left a parcel right on the little bench beside my front door just like they always do.

#livingthecharmedlife

• SGH
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    FedEx just left a parcel right on the little bench beside my front door just like they always do.

#livingthecharmedlife
    What’s in that package? I’m hoping it’s the Muhle R41. 

Status- Standing by.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    50 cents a ear here.
    10 for $2 bucks here.
    Free here.  FIL is a farmer and have several friends that are farmers.  Buddy brought over prolly 50 ears 2 weekends ago.  Boiled and froze half of it.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• HeavyG
    Options
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:

Nice but nothing like mine.

Mine tend to be "pregnant" young women riding on Greyhound buses.