Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Is it Butt Blast already? I need a vacation. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Do we really need an arbitrary date in April to take a vacation? I say no.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    DMW said:
    Do we really need an arbitrary date in April to take a vacation? I say no.
    It is Butt Blast Infiniti here. Come on over.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    We are prepping for my wife to leave us for a week. I am taking over in stages.

I have been baby puked on twice in the last hour. 

@DMW there is no P.C. way to put this...I need that kind of vacay that starts with a 5th of bourbon and scrapple sandwich and ends with a belly full of SRF brisket and me giving a well respected doctor internet fame for alcohol abuse by a campfire. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Options
    This is the deal:

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    We are prepping for my wife to leave us for a week. I am taking over in stages.

I have been baby puked on twice in the last hour. 

@DMW there is no P.C. way to put this...I need that kind of vacay that starts with a 5th of bourbon and scrapple sandwich and ends with a belly full of SRF brisket and me giving a well respected doctor internet fame for alcohol abuse by a campfire. 
    I am officiating Beer Pong Olympics this Saturday. Could use expert help for the duration. Good thing I am an adult.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    I wasn't planning on working on my car, but I stopped by Harbor Freight to buy some stuff to help me with an exhaust system bolt that was kicking my ass, and ended up staying another hour to drop the exhaust.  Got the cat-back out in one piece.

Was that a requirement on the Cayman to remove the exhaust to get the tranny out?
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,656
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sawzall... getting close good job!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    I wasn't planning on working on my car, but I stopped by Harbor Freight to buy some stuff to help me with an exhaust system bolt that was kicking my ass, and ended up staying another hour to drop the exhaust.  Got the cat-back out in one piece.

that looks like a pricey cat back, not like the old days when you just get out the torch or cutting wheels
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

“Well respected “?? Who you talkin’ about?     @bgebrent was fast asleep by then...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options

Nice work sir. Send those exhaust bolts back home with aircraft grade antisieze.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    range rover crash report

will be ready monday B)

fixed the scratches, lower door panel, bumper covers, paint one side and bumpers, two new rims,  side steps.....$12331.50 glad someone else is covering this.   from repair notes on a sticky to 3.5 pages of small printed details on labor and materials
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @fishlessman - taking about as long to fix as it was to negotiate  =).  
    And you are definitely right about the other party's insurance picking up the tab.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    range rover crash report

will be ready monday B)

fixed the scratches, lower door panel, bumper covers, paint one side and bumpers, two new rims,  side steps.....$12331.50 glad someone else is covering this.   from repair notes on a sticky to 3.5 pages of small printed details on labor and materials

And this is the reason why no matter what I will never buy any Land Rover or Range Rover no matter how much I love the look of them. $12k for what amounts to a new paint job, a few pieces of plastic that probably cost $50 in total to make and 2 new rims. Thank god it wasn't your fault or else your monthly insurance premium would go up about 350% Glad you got it fixed though. Post a few pics of the finished work so we can drool a bit.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited July 2018
    Options
    These stretchy pants ain't so bad... I don't look like I've totally given up on life, yet.  

https://www.columbia.com/mens-silver-ridge-stretch-pant-1654331.html
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    It seems like a grocery cart could total an older Rover. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @fishlessman - taking about as long to fix as it was to negotiate  =).  
    And you are definitely right about the other party's insurance picking up the tab.  
    theres still the inspection and signoff to negotiate =)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    range rover crash report

will be ready monday B)

And this is the reason why no matter what I will never buy any Land Rover or Range Rover no matter how much I love the look of them. $12k for what amounts to a new paint job, a few pieces of plastic that probably cost $50 in total to make and 2 new rims. Thank god it wasn't your fault or else your monthly insurance premium would go up about 350% Glad you got it fixed though. Post a few pics of the finished work so we can drool a bit.
    im pretty sure its all markup by the auto shop on the materials and alot of pushing for new, the side vent emblem was almost 400 bucks, the rims were and easy repair (could not be color matched?) 2154.00 for a set etc.   theres no way a shop 10 minutes from boston charges only 40 bucks per hour so its all in the markups. 
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    These stretchy pants ain't so bad... I don't look like I've totally given up on life, yet.  

https://www.columbia.com/mens-silver-ridge-stretch-pant-1654331.html
    You can get stretch Levis now too.
  • SonVolt
    Options
    Yep, once you go stretch jeans it's hard to go back. I was looking for blue jean alternatives due to the oppressive heat and humidity here in the South. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I often wear my fishing clothes to deal with the heat.  Vented, light, etc.
    Options
  • SonVolt
    Options

Any other brands to look for other than Columbia? I'm in love with their PFG stuff. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

It's as if stretchy pants were made for pitmasters.

Phoenix 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Any other brands to look for other than Columbia? I'm in love with their PFG stuff. 
    simms patagonia columbia

i am only good with women in stretch pants =)

Related image

fukahwee maine

• SonVolt
    Options
    I just let out a snot bubble. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Brisket Camp is next!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Do you have an Academy Sports near you? They have a brand Magellan that has tons of stuff. Also Under Armor makes a few.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    Options
    truck will now be ready this thursday =) cant wait to get rid of this rental beach barbie malibu car.  stupid thing shuts off everytime i come to a stop, almost cost an accident this morning coming out of an intersection with the startup delay
    fukahwee maine