Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mexican BBQ (OT)

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
BBQ may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Mexican food, but in the right areas, they make some serious grub. One place we live in Cozumel is a locals joint called El Asadero Billy, and man is it good. No fancy setup, just simple wood fired grill and great food. This huge mixed platter fed our family of four with tons of leftovers...and was $35 with drinks.   I wish I could duplicate all his results back home. 

LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    I would tear into that like it was my job!!! We go down to Baja every year and love the local
    mexican bbq
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Nice!  What was all on the plate?  

Side story - My best friend used to invite me on his family trips to Cabo where his dad would rent a villa in a now gone old school resort (Hotel Cabo San Lucas) where a personal chef would come to your place and cook dinner along with an assistant bartender.  They’d wheel this big wood burning grill on the patio and cook up fresh seafood which included some of the best lobster I’ve ever had.  I still remember a specific chef we had, Martín, who went on to start his own catering company down there which catered to people like Madonna and Michael Jordan.  His company was “Chef of the Stars” or something like that and even though he no longer worked at the resort he would come do dinners for us the last couple of trips we took.    
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Man that looks awesome, Mark. we may need to work on that and figure it out. I could eat that every week. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Man that looks awesome, Mark. we may need to work on that and figure it out. I could eat that every week. 
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker we should make a weekend of it
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    I'll have to find this place the next time I'm in Cozumel.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Simply awesome. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    I would walk to Cozumel for that...
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker we should make a weekend of it
    I'm in
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX